Australian meat pies are a national treasure. They are made with so much love and care, it’s no surprise that Australians just can’t get enough of them!
But what do you do when you’re craving these tasty treats and don’t know where to find them? No need to worry – we have the ultimate list of places to get your hands on some delicious Australian meat pies near me!
Australian meat pies are a delicious and hearty meal that you can find at many places in the United States. If you’re looking to find one near you, take a look at this list of restaurants that serve them.
What is a meat pie?
A meat pie is a type of pastry that has been around for centuries. In the Middle Ages, they were referred to as “coffins” and they were filled with either meat or fish.
The term “pie” eventually came about in the 14th century and was originally used to describe both sweet and savory pies alike.
What is a meat pie? Well, it’s basically a dish that consists of ingredients like ground beef or lamb mixed with onion and spices. It can be served hot or cold, in pieces or whole. The pie crust is usually made from shortening, butter, flour, and water.
Why are Australian meat pies so great?
Australian meat pies are a true Australian classic. They’re hearty, delicious, and perfect for eating with your hands. The best thing about them? You can find them at most bakeries around the country!
So what makes an Aussie pie so great? It’s all in the pastry crust – it has to be crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside, and also needs to have enough butter or margarine that it sticks together well without being too greasy. And of course, they need filling – this is where things get really creative!
Where to buy the best Australian Meat Pies Near Me?
Australian meat pies are one of the most popular types of food in Australia. There are many different varieties of Australian meat pies to choose from, and they’re usually available at any grocery store.
The best place to find them near you is by looking through your local grocery store’s freezer section. They’re often found in the frozen foods aisle as well! If you can’t find them there, ask an associate for help as they might be located with other frozen desserts or pastries.
Australia and New Zealand
Pie Corner is a little slice of Australia in the middle of New Zealand. We’re famous for our Australian meat pies, which are made using traditional Aussie ingredients like 100% beef mince and 100% butter.
Nobody’s happy unless they have a Pie Corner pie in their hands (except vegetarians).
If you’re looking for an all-time classic Aussie comfort food then we’ve got the perfect treat for you. We’re talking about Four’N Twenty, and these Australian meat pies are going to hit the spot.
Handheld pies that taste as good as they look, encouraging cooking in a basket with crispy edges and golden crusts – it’s time to get your hands on some of this deliciousness!
We understand Aussies still love their meat pies, we’re happy to provide them as well! Patties in Melbourne has been making delicious pies since 1931, and with our online store, you can get quality Australian tucker delivered anywhere.
Red Rock Deli
Always there for you, Australian meat pies might not be close by but don’t worry. Red Rock Deli sends the best of what it has down under in packs so perfect they barely need to be heated up.
Australian Bakery Company
Our Australian Bakery Company meat pies are made with a flaky pastry shell and our signature filling. It has been one of the most iconic foods in Australia for years – try some, you won’t be disappointed!
Simplot Australia Pty Ltd (Simplot)
Simplot is one of the world’s best pie makers. From sausage rolls to vegan pies and apple pies – this Aussie company has it all! Want something a bit different? Try their lamb, fig, feta, and honey pie for lunch meetings or dinner at home tonight.
United States and Canada
Where can you buy these delicious pies in the US? Here are some places!
- Trader Joe’s- They sell frozen Australian Meat Pies for $3.99 per pie
- Costco- They have frozen pies for $4.49 each
- Kroger- They offer fresh pies at their bakery department for around $6 each
- The bakery on Main Street – They are famous for their baked goods as well as their savory treats like chicken pot pie and Cornish pasties.
- Dottys Diner – They offer all kinds of American classics including fried clams, but they have an excellent lineup of meat pies too! You can even order one online if you want it delivered right to your door.
- Pies n Thighs on Wall Street: (212) 555-1234
- Bun Boyz Bakery: (718) 881-8500
- Nancy’s Pies & Pastries: (917) 648-4256
- Pizza Pizza (Toronto) – The pizza chain is open late on Fridays and Saturdays so they can deliver hot fresh pizzas right to your door at any time of day. They also offer personalized pizza options like vegan cheese or gluten-free crusts!
How do you eat an Australian meat pie?
Do you know how to eat an Australian meat pie? I’ll tell you.
- First, find a good one.
- Second, make sure it’s warm.
- Third, peel off the top pastry crust and discard it (or save it for later).
- Fourth, take a bite of the other pastry part with your teeth so that you have something to hold onto while eating.
- Fifth, scoop out some of the delicious insides with your fingers or spoon and enjoy! That’s all there is to it!
Tips for eating an Australian Meat Pie
The best way to eat a meat pie is to take a bite out of the side and drink your coffee at the same time! This will prevent soggy crusts. And don’t forget the sauce!