Australian meat pies are a national treasure. It’s no surprise that Australians can’t get enough of them! They are made with so much love and care.
But what do you do when you’re craving these tasty treats and don’t know where to find them? No need to worry – we have the ultimate list of places to get your hands on some delicious Australian meat pie near me!
These pies are a delicious and hearty meal you can find in many places in the United States. If you’re looking for one near you, look at this list of restaurants serving them.
What is a Meat Pie?
A meat pie is a pastry that has been around for centuries. In the Middle Ages, they were called “coffins,” filled with either meat or fish.
The term “pie” eventually came about in the 14th century and was initially used to describe sweet and savory pies.
What is a meat pie? Well, it’s a dish with ingredients like ground beef or lamb mixed with onion and spices. It can be served hot or cold, in pieces or whole. The pie crust is usually made from shortening, butter, flour, and water.
Why is Aussie-style Meat Pie So Great?
Australian meat pies are a true Australian classic. They’re hearty, delicious, and perfect for eating with your hands. The best thing about them? You can find them at most bakeries around the country!
So what makes an Aussie pie so great? It’s all in the pastry crust – it has to be crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside and also needs to have enough butter or margarine to stick together well without being too greasy. And, of course, they require filling – this is where things get creative!
Where to Buy Aussie Meat Pies Near Me?
The best place to find them near you is by looking through your local grocery store’s freezer section. They’re often found in the frozen foods aisle as well! If you can’t find them there, ask an associate for help as they might be located with other frozen desserts or pastries.
Australian Pies Near Me
Pie Corner is a little slice of Australia in the middle of New Zealand. They’re famous for using traditional Aussie ingredients like 100% beef mince and 100% butter. New Zealanders are happy with a Pie Corner pie in their hands.
Four’N Twenty (Four n Twenty Pies Near Me)
They’ve got the perfect treat if you’re looking for an all-time classic Aussie comfort food. We’re talking about Four’N Twenty, and this Australian pie will hit the spot.
Located in Lucknow, Victoria, their handheld pies taste as good as they look, encouraging cooking in a basket with crispy edges and golden crusts – it’s time to get your hands on some of this deliciousness!
They understand Aussies still love their meat pies. They’re happy to provide them as well! Patties in Melbourne has been making delicious pies since 1931, and with our online store, you can get quality Australian tucker delivered anywhere.
Red Rock Deli
Always there for you, Aussie meat pies might not be close, but don’t worry. Red Rock Deli sends the best of what it has down under in packs so perfect they barely need to be heated up.
Australian Bakery Company
The Australian Bakery Company meat pies are made with a flaky pastry shell and signature filling. It has been one of the most iconic foods in Australia for years – try some, and you won’t be disappointed!
Simplot Australia Pty Ltd (Simplot)
Simplot is one of the world’s best pie makers. This Aussie company has everything from sausage rolls to vegan and apple pies! Want something a bit different? Try their lamb, fig, feta, and honey pie tonight for lunch meetings or dinner at home.
New Zealand Meat Pies Near Me
Jimmy’s Pies is a pie-making business from Roxburgh, New Zealand. They make a range of 20 different pies, have been going for over 50 years, and work on an old family recipe.
Fergbaker is located in Queenstown, New Zealand. Their Ferg pies are considered some of the best meat pies in New Zealand.
And they use the best meat, from New Zealand rump and venison to lamb shank.
Aussie Meat Pies in USA and Canada
Where can you buy these delicious pies in the US? Here are some places!
- Trader Joe’s. They sell frozen Australian Meat Pie for $3.99 per pie
- Aussie Pies Costco. They have frozen pies for $4.49 each.
- Kroger. They offer fresh pies at their bakery department for around $6 each.
- The bakery on Main Street. They are famous for their baked goods and savory treats like chicken pot pie and Cornish pasties.
- Dottys Diner restaurant. Their menu offers all American classics, including fried clams, but they also have good quality meat pies! You can even order one online if you want it delivered to your door.
- Pies n Thighs on Wall Street: (212) 555-1234
- Bun Boyz Bakery: (718) 881-8500
- Nancy’s Pies & Pastries: (917) 648-4256
- Pizza Pizza (Toronto) – The pizza chain is open late on Fridays and Saturdays so that they can deliver hot fresh pizzas to your door anytime. They also offer personalized pizza options like vegan cheese or gluten-free crusts!
- Four n Twenty Meat Pie USA – These beef pies are now available in the USA. You can buy them online or look for them at the nearest selling locations.
- Some food trucks in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Bay Area, and across America also provide them.
Buy Frozen Meat Pies Online
You can also order these Australian products online and ask for overnight shipping. Perfect for homesick ex-pats who missed their home country.
How Do You Eat Aussie Pies and Sausages Rolls?
How to enjoy them? I’ll tell you.
- First, find a good one.
- Second, make sure it’s warm.
- Third, peel off the top pastry crust and discard it (or save it for later).
- Fourth, take a bite of the other pastry part with your teeth so that you have something to hold onto while eating. Add tomato sauce.
- Fifth, scoop out some delicious insides with your fingers or spoon and enjoy! That’s all there is to it!
- Additional food to accompany you. Add some sausage rolls, gravy, chicken, sandwiches, beer, ketchup, mushroom, kangaroo meat, ice cream, onions, chips, and lamingtons to the table and enjoy them.
Some Tips for eating
The best way to eat a meat pie is to take a bite out of the side and drink your coffee! This will prevent soggy crusts.
What are meat pies called in Australia?
Australian meat pie is a food icon all over the globe. As the hot dog is a big hit in America, you can see Aussie pie in almost every country.
Can you buy meat pies in America?
The pie crust helped preserve food during the winters of the Americas and is also used in antiquities. The pie has declined since the 1800s, but now in the United States, meat pies have lost popularity, replacing pies with sweet ones.
Does Australia have meat pies?
In Australia, a meat pie is a large pie containing diced or minced meat and gravies, sometimes with onions, mushrooms, or cheese.
What is the best pie in Australia?
A chunky steak pie by a small-name bakery won over 1,600 awards in Australia for its best. Pinjarra Bakery in Perth, WA, claimed the prize of winning the 2021 ‘Great Australian pie competition.’