If you are going to Melbourne and looking for halal food, then the safest option is to look for HSP (Halal Snack Pack). You can find them at most kebab places all over the city. But what are the tastiest HSP in Melbourne?
Some of the best HSP Melbourne are:
- Flemington Kebab House
- Perso Home Style Grill & Kebabs
- Glennys Kebabs
- And many more.
What are the other popular places to buy HSPs? And where can you find the one closest to you? Let’s find out!
What Is HSP (Halal Snack Pack)?
Halal Snack Pack (HSP) is a fast food dish popular among Australians. HSP is simply layers of hot chips, kebab meat (chicken and/or lamb), and cheese covered in sauce.
Most sauces are great, but three together – particularly garlic sauce, chili sauce, and barbecue sauce – is considered the Holy Trinity Sauce.
The snack packs were traditionally served in styrofoam boxes or other disposable containers. Some have described it as a staple takeaway dish in kebab restaurants across Australia.
Halal snack packs have been named People’s Choice Word of 2016 by Australia’s Macquarie dictionary.
10 Best HSP Melbourne Has to Offer
Melbourne has so many places, especially kebab places, that offer HSP. Below are 10 popular kebab places that are famous for the HSP.
Flemington Kebab House
- Address: 301 Racecourse Rd, Kensington VIC 3031, Australia
- Opening hours: Monday (closed), Sunday-Thursday & Sunday (4-10pm), Friday-Saturday (4-11pm)
- Website: http://flemington-kebabhouse.com/
“Extremely Great service. I ordered a HSP, and chips were crunchy to perfection. The meat was cooked perfectly. 5 out 5 stars for me.”
“I dont normally leave reviews but these brothers do an amazing job with the kebab meat! Had an HSP from them tonight and it was ON POINT! Until next!”
PERSO Home Style Grill & Kebabs
- Address: 15/60 Siddeley St, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia, Melbourne Holiday Apartments Flinders Wharfs
- Opening hours: Monday-Saturday (11am-10om), Sunday (closed)
- Website: https://persohomestylegrillkebabs.business.site/
“The best Kabab and HSP in the CBD. Good job guys.”
“One of the best kebabs I’ve eaten in Melbourne! HSP platter is absolutely fantastic! I miss it in Europe! Plus the owner is super friendly”
- Address: 285/287 Springvale Rd, Glen Waverley VIC 3150, Australia
- Opening hours: Everyday (11am-1am)
- Website: http://www.glennykebabs.com/
“Love their HSP because of their crispy flavourful chips, very worth it for the price! Have been my go to place for a HSP”
“Staff were very friendly after telling them this was my first visit. Ordered a small hsp which was extremely filling. Great for if your looking for a quick meaty snack.”
- Address: 200 Spencer St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- Opening hours: Sunday-Friday (10am-3am), Saturday (10am-6am)
- Website: –
“I love this place! Love the food and staff. The chips are out of this world. Excellent kebab wrap and HSP!”
“Hands down BEST HSP I’ve ever had. Great service the owner has the biggest cheeriest personality. Chips are always crunchy (not soggy like others!) not stingy on cheese and when you up size they don’t just shove more chips in the box you get more meat. The struggle to stay away from this place is real! ????????”
- Address: Meeting room/546 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- Opening hours: Sunday-Thursday (10am-4am), Friday-Saturday (10am-7am)
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/cbdkebabs/
“Could be best tasting hsp in Melbourne CBD so far. Prolly their lamb is better in taste if compared to other places.”
“…. It’s the best till I’ve tried till date. Their HSP is amazing as well. A lot of meat, sauce & salad options to choose from. The price range is affordable as well. …”
- Address: 371 Springvale Rd, Glen Waverley VIC 3150, Australia
- Opening hours: Tuesday-Saturday (12pm-10pm), Sunday-Monday (closed)
- Website: http://www.kebabthyme.com/
“Fantastic kebabs, meats, HSP, and packs. Really tasty chips, too. Great, fast and friendly service.”
“Highly recommend this business. Amazing HSP with plenty of meat and feta cheese! Honestly one of the best around south east Melbourne”
Melbourne Kebab Station
- Address: 451 Sydney Rd, Coburg VIC 3058, Australia
- Opening hours: Everyday (9am-8.30pm)
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/mksniddrie/
“Taste and size are amazing! 😀 I like mix kebab, the bread is different from the others My family’s favourite is Halal Snack Pack (HSP) Unfortunately, payment must be made by cash only However many ATMs are in front of there along Sydney Road”
“Best hsp’s in Melbourne”
Hawthorn Grill & Kebab House
- Address: 347-349 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn VIC 3122, Australia
- Opening hours: Tuesday-Thursday & Sunday (11.30am-2am), Friday (11am-12am), Saturday (24hours), Monday (closed)
- Website: https://www.hawthorngrillhouse.com.au/
“The champion kebab & HSP meat destination of the Eastern suburbs. 100% without a doubt the BEST quality meats. Sure, it’s a little more expensive than some others around – but would you really prefer to save a couple of dollars for terrible meat? …”
“Best hsp in Melbourne! My guy, Love your work! Love your food! Love you!”
- Address: 320 Victoria St, North Melbourne VIC 3051, Australia
- Opening hours: Sunday-Thursday (10am-2am), Friday-Saturday (10am-3am)
- Website: https://kebabconnection.com.au/
“One of the best HSP out there! Little surprise from them on my order, the little muesli bar, thank you! Meat tasted fresh chips are crispy and not soggy! Would highly recommend them.”
“Very delicious HSP !!, reasonable price , huge portion. The staffs are incredibly friendly and often give free turkish candy. 10/10 !!”
- Address: 26 King St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- Opening hours: Tuesday-Thursday & Sunday (11am-4am), Friday-Saturday (11am-7am), Monday (closed)
- Website: https://queenskebab.editorx.io/queenskebab
“Best kebab shop in town. Good service, great taste of meat and chips. You should try HSP with holy sauces”
“It’s hard to find a good HSP, but this is definitely one of the best HSPs I’ve ever tried. Everything was fresh and delicious!! Will definitely be coming back :)”
Where is Melbourne’s tastiest HSPs?
Some of the tastiest HSPs in Melbourne are Flemington, Perso, Glennys, Thyme, and many more.
Is HSP a Melbourne thing?
HSP is said to be Melbourne’s street food invention. But, nowadays, HSP has become a staple takeaway dish in kebab restaurants across Australia.
Are HSPs healthy?
A typical kebab contains nearly 2,000 calories and almost 80% of your GDAs. The nutrition stats are also shocking: the fat content is nearly 40 grams per day, which is more than double the daily allowance for adults; plus, there’s over four times the recommended salt intake!