Cherry Ripe muffins are a popular Australian treat that is perfect for the summer. The taste of Cadbury chocolate, cherries, and condensed milk all in one delicious bite makes it hard to resist these mouthwatering treats. So what is the cherry ripe muffin recipe?
In this blog post, we will provide you with the recipe for making these yummy muffins at home.
What You Need to Know about Cadbury Cherry Ripe
Cherry Ripe is a brand of chocolate bar manufactured by Cadbury Australia. Introduced by the Australian confectioner MacRobertson’s in 1924, it is now one of Australia’s oldest chocolate bars and is one of the top chocolate bar brands sold in the country. It consists of cherries and coconut coated with dark chocolate.
After Cadbury acquired Australian confectioner MacRobertson’s in 1967 it continued to manufacture Cherry Ripe, along with Freddo, Old Gold, and Snack. Cherry Ripe wrappers continued to display the former company’s distinctive logo until 2002.
Why Do People Love Cherry Ripe Muffin?
Cadbury Cherry Ripe muffins are a popular Australian treat that is perfect for the summer. They are a popular summertime treat that has been around for over ninety years now. The taste of Cadbury chocolate, cherries, and condensed milk all in one delicious bite makes it hard to resist these mouthwatering treats.
The only downside is that they can be quite hard to find outside of Australia, which makes a recipe for them all the more interesting.
What Makes It Taste Do Good?
Cherry ripe muffins are such a delicious treat because they contain cocoa powder in the batter which gives them that distinct chocolate flavor. They also use condensed milk for sweetness which is a sweetened, evaporated milk.
How to Make the Perfect Muffin?
What is a muffin?
A muffin is a baked good that usually consists of flour, sugar, milk or water (or both), butter, and eggs. The batter can also contain baking powder, salt, spices, and flavorings.
Muffins are often tall like cupcakes without the frosting with an indented top surface which makes them easy to cut in half for eating.
A muffin is usually eaten as a brunch food and can be served with butter, margarine, fruit preserves like strawberry or raspberry jam, honey, or yogurt for breakfast.
What are the basic ingredients?
You will need to obtain some flour, sugar (brown or white), butter, eggs, milk, and a little salt. Additional ingredients can be added to make muffins a little more interesting.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Create a muffin pan by spraying it with cooking spray or lining cups in the tin with paper liners.
- Mix together all ingredients and pour into prepared muffin tins, filling them ¾ of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
- Cool in the pan for five minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
What is the Best Cherry Ripe Muffin Recipe?
In order to make your mouth water with these cherry ripe muffins, you will need:
- 150g butter or margarine at room temperature (I advise that you use the butter)
- 150g caster sugar (or white if preferred)
- 100g self-raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 150ml milk
- 200g grated chocolate (I advise that you use the Cadbury)
- a handful of cherries pitted and finely chopped
- Preheat oven 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark
- Grease and line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases or spray with cooking oil
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and caster sugar until light in color (this will take around five minutes)
- Add eggs one at a time to the mixture and beat well after each addition.
- Sift together flour and cocoa powder in a separate bowl, then add to the mixture alternating with pouring milk (this will take around 15 minutes)
- Add chopped cherries to batter mix before dividing into paper cases. Fill each case ¾ full so they cook evenly and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean
- Leave for a few minutes to cool before removing from paper cases and eating!
Keep in mind that the longer you leave them out, the more likely they are going to be dry. This is because moisture evaporates as time goes on.
- ¾ cup butter softened at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract or other flavoring of choice
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt, if desired
- Mix together butter and brown sugar until the mixture is nice and creamy.
- Beat in vanilla extract or another flavoring you chose to use. Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder) gradually and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Add a few fresh cherries and chocolate chips to the muffin batter if desired.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ of the way full with batter and bake for 20 minutes or until risen and golden brown on top.
What Other Items Will You Need?
You will also need a muffin tray.
What Type of Pan Should You Use?
You should use a muffin tray for these cherry ripe muffins. I advise you to spray the pan with cooking oil before pouring in your batter and then filling it about ¾ full. To make sure that they come out easily, line up baking paper on top of each mold so when it cooks it comes out easily.
What Can You Do Instead?
If you do not want to make your own muffins, you can always visit a bakery and buy some in person! Alternatively, if you are too busy or don’t feel like cooking for the day, there is no shame in ordering them online.
There are many different stores that offer cooked food, such as Amazon. Just make sure to order them in advance so you don’t end up with an empty stomach.
I hope the above recipes have given you some inspiration for what treats could give yourself or someone else this summer.