If you love the taste of crispy potato wedges, but don’t want to fry them in a pan and deal with all the mess, then you’ll be happy to know that there is an alternative. Air frying!
Here are how to reheat potato wedges in air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer
- Place the potato wedges on the air fryer basket
- Spray them lightly with oil
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes until crispy.
How to prepare the potatoes? And what do we need to do to make them crispy? This article will show you step by step why and how to reheat your potato wedges in your air fryer so that they come out just as crispy as if they were originally fried.
About Potato Wedges
What is Potato Wedges?
A potato wedge is a thick cut of potato that has been deep-fried, baked, or toasted until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. They are often served as appetizers with ranch dressing for dipping.
Potato wedges are available in restaurants and fast-food chains.
Is it healthy?
Yes, it is healthy. It is loaded with carbohydrates and protein. It provides energy to the body if taken in moderate quantity.
How many calories?
One serving (100 g) of potato wedge contains about 228 kilo-calories (870 kJ).
What are its health benefits?
Potato wedges are made of potatoes. Potatoes are the third most-consumed food in the world, but they’re no longer thought of as just “fries or chips” here.
This is because there’s more to them than that! Potatoes provide plenty of nutrients and health benefits while being low on calories (only 95kcal for a medium-size!) and carbs.
Potatoes are a good source of vitamin C and B-complex vitamins, such as folate. They’re also rich in minerals like potassium and phosphorus (which is why they should be eaten with the skin).
They’ve been linked to various health benefits: improved digestion, reduced blood pressure levels, better heart function… the list goes on.
What are the health concerns?
Too much intake of fried potato wedge may lead to obesity as it is rich in fat content so its consumption should be limited. It can also cause hypertension or high blood pressure if eaten excessively due to the presence of salt.
How to Reheat Potato Wedges
How do you usually reheat potato wedges?
In the air fryer
If you haven’t yet tried reheating seasoned potato wedges in an air fryer, you’re missing out on a lot of taste. Not only does this method get them to the ideal temperature, but it’s also good for you since there is no need to add much oil to make them crisp.
In a skillet
Because they’re already cooked, you don’t need much oil to reheat potato wedges in a pan. In a few minutes, the hot oil will cause your leftover fries to have a crunch.
In the oven
The oven is the ideal way to reheat fried potato wedges because the hot air keeps them crunchy. All you need is a baking sheet, vegetable oil, and some time.
In the microwave
You may rewarm your potato wedges in a microwave if you must. But your vegetables will be somewhat mushy. Anyhow, if you’re in a hurry or want to reheat fried potato wedges for a quick snack at work, this is the only option.
What to serve with potato wedges?
- It goes well with any dipping sauce that you have especially barbecue, ketchup, mayonnaise, or even chili powder.
- Add to your favorite salad or vegetable dishes.
- You may even serve them as a side dish together with rice and gravy, steak, chicken chop, etc.
- You may also add them to your favorite soup or stew for a crunchy texture and flavor.
- You can also serve it with pasta, spaghetti sauce, etc.
- Potato wedges, whether baked or deep-fried, may be served with a variety of sauces and seasonings. So if you’ve ordered takeout or been keeping them in the freezer for a rainy day, the proper heating method will ensure that you can enjoy their crispiness.
- Consider storing them in the fridge in an airtight container, where they will keep for up to 4 or 5 days. They can stay in the freezer for up to 6 months if kept in a vacuum-sealed bag.
- The secret is not to thaw or defrost the potatoes before reheating them. You should not leave them on the countertop for long before reheating them. Waiting a while will allow moisture to soak in, making the potatoes soggy or chewy.
- Although you can deep-fry your potato wedges, we strongly advise against it since it adds too much oil to your dish. However, when you use our step-by-step approach to achieve the perfect crispy finish, your potato wedges will taste just as they did when they were just cooked thanks to a little oil and your culinary abilities.
- The more time you put your potato wedges in the air fryer, the crispier they will get. You’ll have the same crunch as deep-fried wedges without using as much oil.
- You might have to cook the potatoes in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
How to Reheat Potato Wedges in Air Fryer
Why do you use an air fryer?
An air fryer is a good kitchen appliance to use when you want your food to be crispy and crunchy without adding too much oil.
It works like an oven, but it uses hot air instead of dirtying several pots and pans in the process. So if you’re looking for something that’s easier than deep-frying or baking, this is the way to go.
This machine is easy to use and can cook a crispy meal, even if you don’t like cooking. It’s perfect for beginners or people who hate cooking.
It also means that your food keeps most of its nutrients. The cooking is also better than other types.
How to reheat potato wedges in the air fryer
If you’ve never used an air fryer to reheat seasoned or leftover potato wedges, you’re missing out on a lot of fun. Not only is this technique effective at bringing them to the proper temperature, but it’s also good for you because there’s no need for much oil to make them crispy.
The air fryer can also be used to cook potatoes that have been baked or deep-fried, giving them the beautiful golden crust that makes them so delicious.
It’s one of the greatest methods to re-crisp leftover wedges and serves them as a crispy appetizer with today’s supper.
Steps to reheat potato wedges in the air fryer
Here are the air fryer recipes to reheat potato wedges.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray the air fryer basket with a little bit of cooking spray oil.
- Spread your potato wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil in one single layer of fries.
- Bake them in the preheated oven until they are thoroughly heated (about 10 minutes), turning halfway through cooking time.
- For frozen potato wedges, keep them in the air fryer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat the heating process as necessary until all of your potatoes are completely warm and crispy again.
- Remove the potatoes from the air fryer and serve hot.
How to Make Homemade Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Russet potatoes
- Seasoning mix. Feel free to use salt only, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, or add some fresh herbs or dried.
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Wash the potatoes well and cut them into 8 wedges (larger potatoes may be cut into 10).
- Prepare a large bowl, and soak the potatoes in water (preferably cold water) for about 30 minutes. Drain well and pat the potatoes dry with a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- Toss the potatoes in a mixing dish with some oil and seasonings.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes.
- Toss the basket every couple of minutes to 3-5 minutes or so for 10-12 additional minutes, shaking it each time, until crisp.
- Potatoes are done when they have a crispy outer layer but can be pierced with a fork.
- Remove the potatoes from the air fryer and serve them hot.
How long do you reheat potato wedges in the air fryer?
It depends on how crispy you want them, but typically the cook times for air fryer fries is about15-20 minutes.
How do you reheat potatoes in an air fryer?
Preheat the oven to 400°F and place the potato wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray them lightly with oil, then bake for 12-15 minutes until crispy air fryer.
Can you reheat potato wedges?
Yes. You can reheat potato wedges by baking them in the oven, deep fry, on the skillet, or using an air fryer.
How do you reheat potato wedges?
You can reheat potato wedges by deep-frying, pan-frying, or baking them. You can also use an air fryer to reheat the potatoes and make them crispy again.
Why do you soak potatoes in water before air frying them?
Soaking the potatoes in cold water makes them crispier and reduces how much oil they absorb. This is a great way to make healthy, low-fat wedges that are just as crispy as if you used a large amount of oil.