If you love the taste of crispy potato wedges, but don’t want to fry them in a pan and deal with all the mess, then you’ll be happy to know there is an alternative. Air frying!
Here are how to reheat potato wedges in an air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer
- Place the potato wedges on the basket
- Spray them lightly with oil
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes until crispy.
How to prepare the potatoes? And what do we need to do to make them crispy? This article will show you why and how to do so that they come out just as crispy as if they were initially fried.
How to Reheat Potato Wedges
How do you usually reheat potato wedges?
In the air fryer
If you haven’t yet tried reheating seasoned potato wedges in an air fryer, you’re missing out on a lot of taste. Not only does this method get them to the ideal temperature, but it’s also good for you since there is no need to add much oil to make them crisp.
In a skillet
In a few minutes, the hot oil will cause your leftover fries to have a crunch.
In the oven
All you need is a baking sheet, vegetable oil, and some time.
In the microwave
You may rewarm them in a microwave if you must. But your vegetables will be somewhat mushy.
How to Reheat Potato Wedges in Air Fryer
Why do you use an air fryer?
An air fryer is a suitable kitchen appliance when you want your food to be crispy and crunchy without adding too much oil.
It works like an oven, but it uses hot air instead of dirtying several pots and pans in the process. So if you’re looking for something that’s easier than deep-frying or baking, this is the way to go.
This machine is easy to use and can cook a crispy meal, even if you don’t like cooking. It’s perfect for beginners or people who hate cooking.
It also means that your food keeps most of its nutrients. The cooking is also better than other types.
How to reheat potato wedges in the air fryer
If you’ve never used an air fryer to reheat seasoned or leftover, you’re missing out on a lot of fun.
It can also be used to cook potatoes that have been baked or deep-fried, giving them the beautiful golden crust that makes them so delicious.
It’s one of the most excellent methods to re-crisp leftover wedges and serves them as a crispy appetizer with today’s supper.
Steps to reheat potato wedges in the air fryer
Here are the recipes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray the basket with a little bit of cooking spray oil.
- Spread them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil in one single layer of fries.
- Bake them in the preheated oven until they are thoroughly heated (about 10 minutes), turning halfway through cooking time.
- For frozen ones, keep them for another 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat the heating process until your potatoes are hot and crispy again.
- Remove the potatoes and serve hot.
About Potato Wedges
What are Potato Wedges?
A potato wedge is a thick cut of potato that has been deep-fried, baked, or toasted until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. They are often served as appetizers with ranch dressing for dipping.
They are available in restaurants and fast-food chains.
Is it healthy?
Yes, it is healthy. It is loaded with carbohydrates and protein. It provides energy to the body if taken in moderate quantities.
How many calories?
One serving (100 g) contains about 228 kilo-calories (870 kJ).
What are its health benefits?
They are made of potatoes. Potatoes are the third most-consumed food in the world, but they’re no longer thought of as just “fries or chips” here.
Potatoes provide plenty of nutrients and health benefits while being low on calories (only 95kcal for a medium-size!) and carbs.
Potatoes are a good source of vitamin C and B-complex vitamins, such as folate. They’re also rich in minerals like potassium and phosphorus (which is why they should be eaten with the skin).
They’ve been linked to various health benefits: improved digestion, reduced blood pressure levels, better heart function… the list goes on.
What are the health concerns?
Too much intake may lead to obesity as it is rich in fat content so their consumption should be limited. It can also cause hypertension or high blood pressure if overeat due to the presence of salt.
How to Make Homemade Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Russet potatoes
- Seasoning mix. Feel free to use salt only, kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder, or add some fresh herbs or dried.
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Wash the potatoes well and cut them into eight wedges (larger potatoes may be cut into 10).
- Prepare a large bowl, and soak the potatoes in water (preferably cold) for about 30 minutes. Drain well, and pat the potatoes dry with a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- Toss the potatoes in a mixing dish with some oil and seasonings.
- Place a single layer in the basket and cook for 15 minutes.
- Toss the basket every couple of minutes to 3-5 minutes or so for 10-12 additional minutes, shaking it until crisp.
- Potatoes are made when they have a crispy outer layer but can be pierced with a fork.
- Remove the potatoes and serve them hot.
What to serve with potato wedges?
- It goes well with any dipping sauce, especially barbecue, ketchup, mayonnaise, or chili powder.
- Add to your favorite salad or vegetable dishes.
- You may even serve them as a side dish with rice, gravy, steak, chicken chop, etc.
- You may add them to your favorite soup or stew for a crunchy texture and flavor.
- You can also serve it with pasta, spaghetti sauce, etc.
- Potato wedges may be served with various sauces and seasonings, baked or deep-fried. So if you’ve ordered takeout or been keeping them in the freezer for a rainy day, the proper heating method will ensure you can enjoy their crispiness.
- Consider storing them in the fridge in an airtight container, where they will keep for up to 4 or 5 days. They can stay in the freezer for up to 6 months if kept in a vacuum-sealed bag.
- The secret is not to thaw or defrost the potatoes before reheating them. You should not leave them on the countertop for long before reheating them. Waiting will allow moisture to soak in, making the potatoes soggy or chewy.
- Although you can deep-fry them, we strongly advise against it since it adds too much oil to your dish. However, when you use our step-by-step approach to achieve the perfect crispy finish, it will taste just as they were cooked, thanks to a bit of oil and your culinary abilities.
- The more time you put in, the crispier they will get. You’ll have the same crunch as deep-fried wedges without using as much oil.
- You might have to cook the potatoes in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
How long do you reheat potato wedges in the air fryer?
It depends on how crispy you want them, but the cooking time is typically about 15-20 minutes.
How do you reheat potatoes in an air fryer?
Preheat the oven to 400°F and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray lightly with oil, then bake for 12-15 minutes until crispy.
Why do you soak potatoes in water before air frying them?
Soaking the potatoes in cold water makes them crispier and reduces how much oil they absorb.