There are so many universities and business schools that offer MBA courses in Australia. Here we make the list of the top 10 best MBA in Australia 2021, based on QS Global MBA Rankings 2021.
The time has come to make a decision about your future. You are either going to go back to school or you will not. If you have decided that the best option for you is studying in an MBA program, then congratulations! It is a wise decision and one that will undoubtedly benefit your future career immensely.
When it comes down to choosing which MBA program to attend, there are many factors that should be taken into consideration beforehand.
In this article, we will explore 10 of the best full-time MBA programs in Australia so that hopefully by the end of it all, you can make an educated choice about where you would like to study.
Why Should We Take Full-time MBA Courses?
In this time of global uncertainty, studying full-time MBA courses might be quite a significant investment, due to the cost and time involved in the courses undertaken. However, this situation makes it more important to gain skills and knowledge that can be acquired by doing MBA courses. You will need every competitive advantage that you can get in this volatile business world.
If you have concerns about travel restrictions internationally due to COVID-19, be sure to ask the schools for solutions.
Methodology for Global MBA Rankings (by QS World University Rankings / QS WUR)
The program rankings are based on five key indicators, which include a total of 13 criteria.
Employability – 40%
- QS Global Employer Survey
- Employment Rate
Entrepreneurship and Alumni Outcomes – 15%
- Alumni Outcomes
Return on Investment – 20%
- 10 Year ROI
- Payback Month
Thought Leadership – 15%
- QS Academic Reputation
- Research Impact
- Percentage of faculty with PhD
Class & Faculty Diversity – 10%
- Percentage women in the classroom
- Number of nationalities in the classroom
- Percentage international faculty
- Percentage women in the business school faculty
Top 10 Best MBA in Australia 2021
Melbourne Business School (the University of Melbourne) – Melbourne
About Melbourne Business School (MBS)
Melbourne Business School (MBS) is a business school in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia that offers MBA programs, Masters degrees and executive education courses.
Melbourne Business School is a public, limited company jointly owned by business (55%) and the University of Melbourne (45%). As the University’s graduate school in business and economics, they aim to provide Australia’s best business education experience.
The school’s main campus is in the Carlton suburb of Melbourne, close to central Melbourne.
MBS MBA Rankings
- #1 in Australia & No. 26 in the World (QS Global MBA Rankings 2021)
- #1 in Australia (The Economist 2021)
- #1 University in Australia (The University of Melbourne) (Times Higher Education Rankings 2020)
- #87 – Full Time MBA (2021)
- #69 – EMBA (2020)
The program takes up to 2 years.
- A good GMAT/GRE score*
- A university degree
- Two years’ work experience
- Two professional referees
- English proficiency
The program fee for our Full-time MBA is $89,500. This covers all program costs and can be paid in installments.
- Commence an application to become familiar with the application requirements
- Meet with us to find out more about the School and program.
- Review and submit your complete application by the application closing dates.
Official website: MBA MBA
UNSW Business School (AGSM) – Sydney
About AGSM @UNSW Business School
The Australian Graduate School of Management is a postgraduate management and business school that is part of the UNSW Business School at the University of New South Wales. AGSM offers general management, executive, and leadership development programs to those in Australia and internationally.
AGSM offers full-time and part-time MBA, undergraduate as well as graduate certified programs in Australia and online. For many years the school’s MBA program has been ranked by the Financial Times as number one in Australia.
AGSM MBA Rankings
- #2 in Australia & #41 in the World (QS Global MBA Ranking 2021)
- #4 in the World (QS Online MBA Ranking 2021)
- #1 in Australia & #79 in the World (The Financial Times (UK) 2021 Global MBA Rankings)
- #8 (The Forbes 2019 Global MBA Rankings)
The program’s duration is 16 months or 24 months (Extension)
An undergraduate degree (or equivalent), at least 2 years’ work experience and a GMAT is required for entry into MBA Full-Time.
The 2021 fee per course is AUD$5,400*. Total estimated cost of the program is AUD$86,400*
Before applying, interested candidates should satisfy the entry requirements, please note that meeting these requirements does not guarantee an offer. The AGSM Full-Time MBA program takes approximately 60 students, which means competition is fierce. To be successful, candidates must demonstrate excellence across their entire application.
You can apply online through the UNSW portal using the program code 8350.
Official website: AGSM MBA
Monash Business School – Melbourne
About Monash Business School
The Faculty of Business and Economics is one of the 10 primary faculties at Monash University. The Faculty includes two distinct schools – Monash Business School located in Melbourne, Australia and the School of Business at Monash University Malaysia.
Monash Business School operates at three of Monash University’s four campuses around Melbourne. It is structured into seven discipline-based departments, in addition to four research centres and a Leadership and Executive Education group responsible for the delivery of The Monash MBA, Global Executive MBA, or any number of other executive programs.
The School offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs as well as research degrees. Monash Business School is internationally renowned for its high-quality research, evidenced by its international rankings.
Monash Business School MBA Rankings
- #3 in Australia & #73 in the World (QS Global MBA Ranking 2021)
The full-time MBA is a two-year program involving experience-based modules, consulting projects, and overseas learning and industry engagement opportunities.
- Applicants must have completed an Australian bachelor degree or an equivalent qualification and a minimum of three years work experience (total) with at least one year of professional/managerial experience.
- Applicants will be ranked accordingly based on their entire academic record, employment experience and a Statement of Purpose.
- Applicants will be required to attend an interview (by telephone) with a member of the selection panel.
Program Fee (Cost)
Fees are per 48 credit points which represents a standard full-time course load for a year. Total estimated cost of the program is A$44,000.
Apply directly to Monash using course code B6016.
Official website: Monash MBA
MGSM Macquarie – Sydney
About MGSM Macquarie
Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM) is a graduate school of management established in 1969, associated with Macquarie University.
MGSM is an Australian business school with campuses in three cities- Sydney, Hong Kong, and Macquarie University. It offers meeting spaces for up to 500 people, 4-star accommodations, dining options and recreational services at all three locations. The school’s mission is to promote leadership skills that create sustainable value while fostering good citizenship.
MGSM Macquarie MBA Rankings
- #4 in Australia & #95 in the World (QS Global MBA Ranking 2021)
- #1 in Australia (Financial Times Global MBA survey, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- #74 in the Financial Times (FT) Global MBA rankings for 2019
- #78 (The Economist “Which MBA” Survey 2018)
For Domestic Students: 1.5 years or 2 years full-time, or equivalent part-time
For International Students: 1.5 years or 2 years full-time
For Domestic Students:
- English Language Requirements: Academic IELTS of 7.0 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent.
For International Students:
- Entry into most postgraduate degrees requires you to have successfully completed a bachelor degree or equivalent from a recognised institution.
- You may also need to have achieved a specific Weighted Average Mark (WAM) or undertaken work experience.
- English Language Requirements: Academic IELTS of 7.0 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent.
Indicative annual fee AUD $40,000
Fee per credit point AUD $500.00
View the apply now page for full list of steps and documents required to apply for our courses.
Official website: MGSM MBA
UQ Business School – Brisbane
About UQ Business School
The University of Queensland Business School is a business school in Australia. There are seven areas of research expertise across UQ Business School: Accounting, Business Information Systems, Finance, Management, Marketing, Strategy, and Tourism.
The university started teaching its MBA program in 1972, the first one offered in Queensland. It became the first business school to meet the standards of US-based AACSB International and Europe’s EQUIS.
UQ MBA Rankings
- #5 in Australia & No. 99 in the World (QS Global MBA Rankings 2021)
- Top 50 worldwide (The Economist 2021 international ranking)
- #1 MBA for student quality in the world (The Economist 2021 international ranking)
You can complete the MBA program in 12 months by studying full-time in intensive blocks between January and November in the same year. International students will need to complete the MBA using this option.
- Four years full-time work experience post-graduation, including at least two of the four years in a dedicated management role
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7-point scale
- OR Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from UQ or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7-point scale
- International applicants must complete the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) with a minimum score of 550 and achieve at least 6.5 overall in the IELTS test (or equivalent test)
- Applicants without a completed degree can apply on the basis of significant work and management experience.
For international students, the tuition fee rate is A$3,367 per unit (the program consists of 24 units).
1. Gather documentation
2. Apply online
Applications are completed online. Simply create an account and use the program code 5430 during the application process.
3. Offer outcome
Official website: UQ MBA
University of Western Australia Business School – Perth
About University of Western Australia (UWA) Business School
The University of Western Australia Business School is a business school at the University of Western Australia. UWA first began teaching Economics in 1912, and the Business School is now home to over 5,800 students. The school has four disciplines: Accounting and Finance; Economics; Management and Organisations; and Marketing.
The School offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and higher degrees by coursework or research programs. The school is the only university in Western Australia to hold both EQUIS and AACSB accreditations.
UWA MBA Rankings
- #6 in Australia & #101-110 in the World (QS Global MBA Rankings 2021)
- #1 in the Oceania region for Entrepreneurship and Alumni Outcomes (QS Global MBA Rankings 2021)
Various study modes are available. Study plans are for the 12, 15 and 18-month study modes.
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have
- a Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA;
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 50 per cent;
- at least two years professional experience in a relevant occupation; and
- a valid Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)* score, and at least three years of relevant, documented professional experience;
- a valid GMAT* score of at least 650, and at least two years of relevant, documented professional experience.
* GMAT scores are valid for five years.
- For Domestic Students: The 2021 MBA Intensive course fee is $59,700 (for 72 credit points).
- For International Students: The 2021 MBA Intensive course fee is $62,100 (for 72 credit points).
- Check your chosen course is open to applications.
- Ensure you meet the admission requirements for this course as detailed on the previous tab.
- Ensure you meet our English language competency requirement and any course/major prerequisites.
Official website: UWA MBA
Australia National University – Canberra
About Australia National University (ANU)
The Australian National University (ANU) is a public research university located in Canberra, the capital of Australia. The ANU has an international reputation for their undergraduate and graduate degree programs and they have a strong track record when it comes to postgraduate employment rates.
ANU College of Business and Economics offers the ANU MBAs. The four Research Schools carry research in economics, finance, accounting, actuarial studies, statistics, marketing and management.
ANU MBA Rankings
- #7 in Australia & #121-130 in the World (QS Global MBA Rankings 2021)
- MBA: A single 1.5 year graduate degree
- MBA (Advanced): A single two year graduate degree
ANU MBA Entry Requirement
- A completed ANU Graduate Certificate of Management with minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0; or
- A minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score of 600 or higher; or
- A successfully completed Evidence-Based Management EdX MicroMasters, achieving at least 70% in the final capstone exam.
Minimum 5 years work experience (including at least 3 years documented management experience), with one of the following qualifications/test:
- A Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA 6.0/7.0, or
- An ANU Graduate Certificate of Management with a minimum GPA 6.0/7.0, or
- A minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score of 600 or higher.
- Annual indicative fee for domestic students$26,680.00
- Annual indicative fee for international students$44,470.00
- Annual indicative fee for international students$45,600.00
UTS Business School , University of Technology Sydney – Sydney
About UTS Business School
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is a public university located in Sydney, Australia. Its origins are said to trace back to the 1870s, but it was formally founded in 1988. As of 2020, UT officially enrolls 46,328 students through its 9 faculties and schools.
The University of Technology, Sydney delivers a range of courses through its degrees and programs for qualified students at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. The school is also internationally renowned for its innovative research.
There are 4 MBA programs in UTS:
- Executive MBA
- Advanced MBA
- MBA in Entreoreneurship
UTS MBA Rankings
- #8 in Australia & #141-150 in the World (QS Global MBA Rankings 2021)
- MBA: 2 years full time or 4 years part time
- Executive MBA: 2 years part time
- Advanced MBA: 1 year full time or 2 years part time
- MBA in Entreoreneurship: 1 year full time
- admission requirements for postgraduate coursework at UTS
- required levels of English proficiency for the course you’re interested in.
- recognition of prior learning guidelines if you’ve undertaken previous study that might be credited towards your course at UTS.
- MBA (FT) for International Students: the cost per credit point for 2021 is $891. The total credit points are 96.
- Advanced MBA (FT) for International Students:: The cost per credit point for 2021 is $909. The total credit points are 72.
- MBA in Entrepreneurship (FT) Internationaln Students: The cost per credit point for 2021 is $909. The total credit points are 72.
International applicants apply to study via UTS International.
UniSA Business School , University of South Australia – Adelaide
About UniSA Business School
The University of South Australia is a public research university in the Australian state of South Australia. It is among the founding members of the Australian Technology Network and has been rated as one of Australia’s top 20 universities for research, education and innovation.
The University of South Australia offers students a variety of study locations, including: metropolitan campuses in Adelaide (both on North Terrace), two regional campuses at Mawson Lakes and Magill, and offshore programs in Asia.
UniSA MBA is under UniSA Business Academic Unit.
UniSA MBA Rankings
- #10 in Australia & #151-200 in the World (QS Global MBA Rankings 2021)
The program is a 1.5 year(s) full-time.
- A minimum of three (3) years full time management experience and a recognised university undergraduate degree or equivalent professional qualifications;
- A Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from the University of South Australia with an average of at least Pass Level 1 (55%) across four (or more) courses, or an equivalent qualification from the University of South Australia or from another recognised university;
- The Program Director may, under exceptional circumstances, accept candidates with substantial and proven managerial and/or entrepreneurial experience who have demonstrated the potential to meet the learning requirements of the MBA.
- 2021: AUD$ 40,300 per annum (per 1.0 EFTSL)
- 2022: AUD$ 36,000 per annum (per 1.0 EFTSL)
- How to apply for international students will give you helpful information about the application process at the University of South Australia.
- When you are ready, apply through our International Application System.
- If you would like to talk to someone near you about studying at the University of South Australia, we have agents all over the world who can assist you. Find an Education Agent in your country.
Official website: UniSA MBA