Lemon Pepper Chicken is one of the most favorite dishes to make because it tastes amazing and is easy to prepare. Since this dish is commonly served as the main course, you will need a side dish to go with that.
Here are what goes with lemon pepper chicken:
- Arugula salad
- Grilled vegetable platter
- French bread
- White rice
- And many more.
What are other dishes that pair well with lemon pepper chicken? And how to prepare and serve them? Let’s find out!
What is Lemon Pepper Chicken?
Lemon pepper chicken is a chicken dish that is cooked with lemon pepper sauce. It is very easy to cook and delicious recipe for people who are looking for something different in their diet.
This dish can be served as an appetizer or main course. The taste of this dish is so good, it will make you want to have more!
What is lemon pepper made of?
The ingredients used in the making of lemon pepper chicken are butter, lemon zest, lemon pepper seasoning, and smoked paprika. The paprika for its smokiness, bringing depth and a different flavor to the bright and tangy lemon pepper.
All these ingredients are mixed to create the perfect flavor.
What type of dish is lemon pepper used for?
You can use this lemon pepper mixture on meat (particularly poultry), but it was originally used primarily on seafood.
What is a substitute for lemon pepper?
If you don’t have lemon pepper seasoning, use a mixture of freshly squeezed lemon juice, two tablespoons of ground black pepper, one teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
If you cannot find lemon pepper, then you can use crushed red pepper flakes instead. If you prefer a sweeter dish, you can add some sugar to your dish. You may also try adding some salt to the dish.
Is lemon pepper good for weight loss?
Yes, it is. Lemon pepper has many health benefits.
It helps to lower cholesterol levels. It also reduces inflammation which is good for overall health. It is also high in antioxidants which help to protect against heart disease.
What Goes with Lemon Pepper Chicken?
There are many things you can serve with lemon pepper chicken. Here are some ideas:
Arugula salad is a great way to enjoy a healthy meal. It’s full of fresh herbs and vegetables. This makes it a complete meal all by itself.
It is a great pairing for lemon pepper chicken because arugula is known to boost metabolism and fight off free radicals.
Grilled vegetable platter
Grilling vegetables is a fun way to eat them. They become crispy and charred while retaining their natural flavors.
They go well with lemon pepper chicken because they complement each other perfectly.
Greek salad is another great option for serving with lemon pepper chicken. It is a combination of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese, onions, peppers, and olive oil.
French bread is another great choice for serving with lemon pepper chicken. It pairs well with the lemon pepper chicken because it adds a nice crunch to the dish.
Rice is a staple food in Asian cuisine. Rice is often paired with lemon pepper chicken because it complements the dish perfectly.
Potato chips are classic snack food. They pair well with lemon pepper chicken since they are salty and crisp.
Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish. They pair well with lemon pepper chicken since they are creamy and sweet.
Pasta is another classic side dish that goes well with lemon pepper chicken. Pasta such as penne or spaghetti is a great addition to the dish.
Risotto is an Italian dish made from Arborio rice. It is cooked slowly until tender and creamy. Risotto is usually served with Parmesan cheese.
Risotto is great with lemon pepper chicken because risotto is very rich. The lemon pepper chicken will make the risotto even more delicious.
Breadsticks are an easy snack. They pair well with the lemon pepper because they are light and airy.
Noodles are a favorite among people who like Chinese food. Vegetable noodles are a healthier alternative to regular pasta.
Carrots are always a popular side dish. They are low in calories and rich in nutrients. They pair well with the lemon pepper because they bring out the sweetness of the dish.
Steaming broccoli brings out its natural sweetness. It pairs well with lemon pepper chicken.
Vegetable soups are filling and nutritious. They are often paired with chicken dishes because they bring out the savory flavors of the food.
This dish tastes amazing and is sure to please everyone at your dinner party.
Feta cheese is an excellent topping for grilled fish or chicken. It complements both foods very well.
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken?
Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning Recipe
How to make your own homemade lemon pepper seasoning?
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container.
Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
This recipe is so quick to make and flavorful, yet very affordable. The Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts are so tender and juicy.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.3 lbs. total)
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the chicken breast into two thinner pieces.
- Combine the flour and lemon pepper seasoning in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over both sides of the meat and then rub it into the meat until it’s completely covered.
- Put the oil into the pan over medium heat. When the pan and oil are very hot add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes per side until browned. Put the cooked chicken on a clean plate and cover so that it stays warm.
- Add the butter and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for about one minute.
- Add the chicken broth and whisk to dissolve all of the browned bits from its bottom. Add the lemon juice to the skillet and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes or until it has reduced by about half. Taste the sauce and season with salt if necessary.
- After that, put the chicken back into the pan and pour the sauce over top. Let the chicken heat through.
- Season with a little freshly cracked pepper and fresh chopped parsley (optional), then serve.
Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken with Creamy Garlic-Lemon Sauce Recipe
For lemon pepper chicken:
- 6 chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in
- 4 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning, divided
- ¼ cup flour (use gluten-free flour for gluten-free version)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the garlic-lemon sauce:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 green onions, chopped (use only green parts)
Making lemon pepper chicken:
- Add 3 teaspoons of lemon pepper seasoning to the flour. Rub the skin side of chicken thighs with this spice mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on high-medium heat in a large skillet.
- Cook chicken thighs skin side down for about 4 minutes on medium-high heat until browned.
- Sprinkle the other side of the chicken with 1 teaspoon more lemon pepper seasoning.
- Flip the chicken thighs over and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. The skin side of chicken thighs should be nicely browned.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chicken thighs skin side up on the baking sheet and bake at 375 F for about 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
Making the creamy sauce:
- In the meantime, while the chicken is baking, make the sauce.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and ½ tablespoon butter on medium heat in a cleaned skillet.
- Add minced garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock and 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning to the skillet and bring to boil.
- Add heavy cream and bring to boil.
- Add shredded cheese and stir until melted. Reduce heat to simmer and keep stirring until the sauce is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice and stir in. Top with chopped green onions. Keep the sauce covered.
- The lemon pepper chicken should be cooked by now. Check it for doneness.
- If the chicken is completely cooked through, put the chicken on top of the sauce and the green onions.
- Top with chopped parsley and decorate with a few slices of lemon.
How do you make chicken soft and juicy?
To get tender and juicy chicken breasts, don’t overcook them.
Cook the chicken breast over medium heat (not high heat) and allow it to cook rather slowly for about 7-10 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the chicken breast.
Is lemon juice good on chicken?
Lemon is a great way to tenderize chicken breast. Great for marinating meat and tastes even better when paired with black pepper!
Lemon is acidic and adding lemon juice to your chicken, will not only tenderize it but will add a great robust flavor to the meal.
Preheat the skillet
Preheat the skillet so you can get a nice sear. If your skillet isn’t preheated, start heating it before you put the chicken in. Heat the skillet first then add the chicken.
Dry the chicken
Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels before cooking so it browns better.
Do I Need Fresh Lemon?
Nope! You don’t need fresh lemon to make this lemon pepper chicken. Most of the lemon flavor comes from the potent lemon pepper seasoning.
You can use bottled lemon juice for the small amount of lemon juice added to the pan sauce.
How to store this creamy lemon chicken?
Store leftover creamy chicken in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
To reheat, place in the microwave and heat up for 60-90 seconds.
What does lemon pepper go good with?
This dish pairs well with mashed potatoes or rice pilaf.
What are lemon pepper wings made of?
Chicken thighs, lemon zest, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, sage, oregano, basil, cayenne pepper, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and hot sauce.
What is the best lemon pepper seasoning?
I like McCormick’s Lemon Pepper Seasoning. It has a lot of different flavors that work well together.