Lemon Pepper Chicken is one of the most favorite dishes to make because it tastes amazing and is easy to prepare. Since this dish is commonly served as the main course, you will need a side dish to go with that.
Here are what goes with lemon pepper chicken:
- Arugula salad
- Grilled vegetable platter
- French bread
- White rice
- And many more.
What are other dishes that pair well with lemon pepper chicken? And how to prepare and serve them? Let’s find out!
What is Lemon Pepper Chicken?
It is a chicken dish that is cooked with lemon pepper sauce. It is a very easy to cook and a delicious recipe for people who are looking for something different in their diet.
This dish can be served as an appetizer or main course. The taste of this dish is so good, it will make you want to have more!
What is lemon pepper made of?
The ingredients used are butter, lemon zest, lemon pepper seasoning, and smoked paprika. The paprika for its smokiness brings depth and a different flavor to the bright and tangy lemon pepper.
All these ingredients are mixed to create the perfect flavor.
You can use this mixture on meat (particularly poultry), but it was originally used primarily on seafood.
What is a substitute for lemon pepper?
You can use a mixture of freshly squeezed lemon juice, two tablespoons of ground black pepper, one teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
If you cannot find it, then you can use crushed red pepper flakes instead. If you prefer a sweeter dish, you can add some sugar to your dish. You may also try adding some salt to the dish.
Is lemon pepper good for weight loss?
Yes, it is. It has many health benefits.
It helps to lower cholesterol levels. It also reduces inflammation which is good for overall health. It is also high in antioxidants which help to protect against heart disease.
What Goes with Lemon Pepper Chicken?
There are many things you can serve with it. Here are some ideas:
Arugula salad is a great way to enjoy a healthy meal. It’s full of fresh herbs and vegetables. This makes it a complete meal all by itself.
It is a great pairing because arugula is known to boost metabolism and fight off free radicals.
Grilled vegetable platter
Grilling vegetables is a fun way to eat them. They become crispy and charred while retaining their natural flavors.
They complement each other perfectly.
Greek salad is another great option. It is a combination of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese, onions, peppers, and olive oil.
French bread is another great choice. It pairs well because it adds a nice crunch to the dish.
Rice is a staple food in Asian cuisine. Rice is often paired because it complements the dish perfectly.
Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish. They pair well since they are creamy and sweet.
Pasta is another classic side dish that goes well. Pasta such as penne or spaghetti is a great addition to the dish.
Risotto is an Italian dish made from Arborio rice. It is cooked slowly until tender and creamy. Risotto is usually served with Parmesan cheese.
The chicken dish will make the risotto even more delicious.
Potato chips are classic snack food. They pair well since they are salty and crisp.
Breadsticks are an easy snack, which is light and airy.
Noodles are a favorite among people who like Chinese food. Vegetable noodles are a healthier alternative to regular pasta.
Carrots are always a popular side dish. They are low in calories and rich in nutrients. They bring out the sweetness of the dish.
Steaming broccoli brings out its natural sweetness.
Vegetable soups are filling and nutritious. They are often paired with chicken dishes because they bring out the savory flavors of the food.
This dish tastes amazing and is sure to please everyone at your dinner party.
Feta cheese is an excellent topping for grilled fish or chicken. It complements both foods very well.
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken?
Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning Recipe
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container.
Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
This recipe is so quick to make and flavorful, yet very affordable. They are so tender and juicy.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.3 lbs. total)
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the chicken breast into two thinner pieces.
- Combine the flour and seasoning in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over both sides of the meat and then rub it into the meat until it’s completely covered.
- Put the oil into the pan over medium heat. When the pan and oil are very hot add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes per side until browned. Put the cooked chicken on a clean plate and cover so that it stays warm.
- Add the butter and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for about one minute.
- Add the chicken broth and whisk to dissolve all of the browned bits from its bottom. Add the lemon juice to the skillet and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes or until it has reduced by about half. Taste the sauce and season with salt if necessary.
- After that, put the chicken back into the pan and pour the sauce over top. Let the chicken heat through.
- Season with a little freshly cracked pepper and freshly chopped parsley (optional), then serve.
Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken with Creamy Garlic-Lemon Sauce Recipe
For lemon pepper chicken:
- 6 chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in
- 4 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning, divided
- ¼ cup flour (use gluten-free flour for gluten-free version)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the garlic-lemon sauce:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 green onions, chopped (use only green parts)
Making lemon pepper chicken:
- Add 3 teaspoons of seasoning to the flour. Rub the skin side of chicken thighs with this spice mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on high-medium heat in a large skillet.
- Cook chicken thighs skin side down for about 4 minutes on medium-high heat until browned.
- Sprinkle the other side of the chicken with 1 teaspoon more seasoning.
- Flip the chicken thighs over and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. The skin side of chicken thighs should be nicely browned.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chicken thighs skin side up on the baking sheet and bake at 375 F for about 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
Making the creamy sauce:
- In the meantime, while the chicken is baking, make the sauce.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and ½ tablespoon butter on medium heat in a cleaned skillet.
- Add minced garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock and 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning to the skillet and bring to boil.
- Add heavy cream and bring to boil.
- Add shredded cheese and stir until melted. Reduce heat to simmer and keep stirring until the sauce is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice and stir in. Top with chopped green onions. Keep the sauce covered.
- The lemon pepper chicken should be cooked by now. Check it for doneness.
- If the chicken is completely cooked through, put the chicken on top of the sauce and the green onions.
- Top with chopped parsley and decorate with a few slices of lemon.
How do you make chicken soft and juicy?
To get tender and juicy chicken breasts, don’t overcook them.
Cook the chicken breast over medium heat (not high heat) and allow it to cook rather slowly for about 7-10 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the chicken breast.
Is lemon juice good on chicken?
Lemon is a great way to tenderize chicken breast. Great for marinating meat and tastes even better when paired with black pepper!
Lemon is acidic and adding lemon juice to your chicken, will not only tenderize it but will add a great robust flavor to the meal.
Preheat the skillet
Preheat the skillet so you can get a nice sear. If your skillet isn’t preheated, start heating it before you put the chicken in. Heat the skillet first then add the chicken.
Dry the chicken
Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels before cooking so it browns better.
Do I Need Fresh Lemon?
Nope! You don’t need fresh lemon to make it. Most of the lemon flavor comes from the potent seasoning.
You can use bottled lemon juice for the small amount of lemon juice added to the pan sauce.
How to store this creamy lemon chicken?
Store leftover creamy chicken in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
To reheat, place in the microwave and heat up for 60-90 seconds.
What does lemon pepper go well with?
This dish pairs well with mashed potatoes or rice pilaf.
What are lemon pepper wings made of?
Chicken thighs, lemon zest, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, sage, oregano, basil, cayenne pepper, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and hot sauce.
What is the best lemon pepper seasoning?
I like McCormick’s Seasoning. It has a lot of different flavors that work well together.
How Long Do You Cook Chicken Breast in the Oven?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors, such as the size and thickness of the chicken breast, as well as your oven temperature.
Generally, you should cook chicken breasts in the oven for 18-20 minutes at a temperature of 350 degrees.
Chicken is cooked through when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
How Long Should You Marinate Chicken?
Marinating chicken overnight will produce the most flavor, but if you’re in a pinch for time, even 30 minutes will do.
What Do Italians Eat for Breakfast?
The most common breakfast foods in Italy are bread and pastries, eggs, cereal, yogurt, fruit, and cured meats.
Coffee is also a popular morning beverage.
Is It Better to Bake Chicken at 350 or 400?
Baking chicken at 350 degrees will result in a more tender and juicy bird while baking it at 400 degrees will yield a crispy skin.
Ultimately, it is up to your personal preference.
How Do You Spatchcock a Chicken?
Spatchcocking is a method of preparing chicken (or other poultry) for roasting.
To spatchcock a chicken, you simply remove the backbone and flatten the bird. This allows it to cook evenly and more quickly.
What Goes with Smothered Chicken?
Smothered chicken is often served with rice, mashed potatoes, or pasta.
It can also be served with a salad or steamed vegetables.
What Side Dishes Go with Fried Chicken?
Fried chicken is often served with mashed potatoes, coleslaw, biscuits, white rice, and cornbread.