Here is the thing. You are hosting a party for the kids and planning to serve the fun and delicious fairy bread. However, you don’t want to be stressed out the day of.
Can you make the fairy bread the night before? The answer is yes! Making it the night before is doable and can make your party planning much easier. You need to know the tips and tricks; otherwise, it won’t look or taste its best.
In this post, we’ll discuss how to make the famous bread the night before and what you need to do to ensure it’s still fresh and delicious when served.
Pros and Cons
Making fairy bread the night before has its pros and cons, so let’s break them down!
- Saves time: Making it the night before means you won’t have to stress about it on the day of the party. This can give you more time to focus on other party preparations.
- Convenient: Having the bread ready to go the night before means one less thing to worry about on the big day.
- Freshness: Making the bread, spreading the butter, and adding the sprinkles all in one go means everything is nice and fresh, and you won’t have to worry about any of it getting stale or dry.
- Bread texture: The bread might get a bit soft overnight, so it’s important to use firmer bread like white bread or a crusty roll.
- Sprinkle bleed: The sprinkles might mix with the butter, so it’s best to add those just before serving for that perfect pop of color.
- Prep work: Preparing the night before does mean doing extra work the night before, but it’s worth it in the end.
So there you have it! Those are the pros and cons of making fairy bread the night before. It all comes down to personal preference and what works best for you and your party.
But if you’re looking to save time and stress, making it the night before is worth a shot!
Store in Room Temperature
Here’s the deal, you prepare the bread, spread it on the butter, and sprinkle on those fun and colorful sprinkles. Then, store it in an airtight container at room temperature until it’s time to serve.
This way, you’ll have less to worry about on party day.
However, there are factors to consider when using this alternative method:
- Make use the bread is fresh: Since you are not storing the bread in the fridge, you must ensure the bread is fresh. Otherwise, it won’t taste as good and could even spoil.
- Use butter sparingly: Butter can go bad quickly when left out at room temperature. So, use just enough to make the bread tasty but not too much that it will spoil overnight.
- Use firmer bread: The bread might get a bit soft overnight, so it’s best to use firmer bread, such as white bread or a crusty roll.
Store in the Fridge and Sprinkle On Before Serving
Sprinkles can lose their color and flavor if stored in the fridge overnight. The sprinkles might also mix with the butter.
So, if you want to make sure your bread looks and tastes its best, butter the bread, store it in the fridge, and sprinkle on the sprinkles an hour or less before serving.
This way, you can still prepare ahead of time but have it look and taste fresh when served.
What is fairy bread? It’s a classic Australian and New Zealand treat with white bread, butter, and sprinkles.
The sprinkles used are called 100’s & 1000’s. Also known as nonpareils, the 100’s & 1000’s (hundreds and thousands) are tiny colorful balls made from sugar. The multicolored sprinkles are the perfect topping!
It’s very popular, easy to make, often served at children’s parties, and is a favorite among kids of all ages.
How to Make Fairy Bread
Making this impressive bread is easy and fun!
1. Start by cutting the bread into triangles or squares.
2. Spread butter on each piece of bread.
3. Sprinkle 100’s & 1000’s on top of the butter.
4. Serve and enjoy!
There are also many variations. Whether you are on a diet or just want to switch things up, here are some ideas:
• Use different types of bread, such as whole wheat, rye, or sourdough.
• Add a layer of cream cheese or jam before adding the sprinkles.
• Try different flavors of sprinkles, such as chocolate or rainbow.
• Make it savory by adding herbs and spices to the butter.
Can you store leftover fairy bread in the fridge?
Yes, you can store leftovers in the fridge. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or an airtight container. It should stay fresh for up to two days.
Do you cut the crusts off fairy bread?
No, you don’t have to cut the crusts off. It’s up to you! Some people like the crunch of the crusts, while others prefer it without.
Are you supposed to toast fairy bread?
No, you don’t need to toast it. All you need to do is add the toppings.