If you’re looking for an institution that offers a range of creative programs, JMC Academy (formerly known as JMC College) is a perfect choice.
JMC Academy offers programs to gain the skills you need to pursue your creative passion for Music, Animation, Visual & Game Design, Film & TV Production, Acting, and more. The college has campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Across Australia.
In this blog post, we will discuss our three programs in detail and provide you with information on applying.
JMC College (JMC Academy)
JMC Academy (JMC), founded in 1969 and located in New South Wales, Victoria, and Queensland, is a multi-campus private college in Australia.
The JMC Academy offers courses in several creative talents, including Music, Animation, Visual & Game Design, Film & TV Production, Acting, and more. The institution has campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and across Australia.
JMC has three campuses across Australia.
The campus has three floors and is located within the education hub of Central Sydney. The office of Study Anywhere is situated on the same street.
The Brisbane campus is next to the Queensland State Library, Art Gallery, Museum, and Performing Arts Centre.
The University of Melbourne is located on the city’s Southbank between the south bank of the Yarra River and Port Phillip Bay.
JMC is a quality tertiary education institution recognized by the Australian Government’s Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
In 2013, JMC was named the Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET) Higher Education Provider.
JMC Academy joined the Berklee College of Music’s International Network in the same year, making it the first Australian institution.
- Registered Higher Education Provider
- Accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
- Registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- Member of the Australian Council of Private Education and Training (ACPET)
- Nationally recognized under the Australian Qualifications Framework
- Aimee Francis – Australian singer
- Ben Kumanovski – Owner of Global Pictures
- Damien Schneider – Animation work including Happy Feet 2, the Polly Pocket and Mini Mouse TV Series, and the Walking with Dinosaurs app, which won Best Educational App in 2012.
- Emma Chow – Breakfast Co-host and producer on The Edge 96.One.
- Gareth Stuckey – Founder of Gig Piglet
- George Kacevski – Head of Content Development: Virtual Reality and The Pulse
- Jack Nigro – Manager of Grove Studios
- Jess Dunbar and Matt Price – Australian singing duo
- Nick Franklin – Audio Engineer and owner of Rolodex studios, worked with Peking Duck and Miley Cyrus.
- Nicole Paparistodemou – Greek singer
- Rachel Neville – Animation work with VFX and Animation Company on 2016’s Ghostbusters.
- Scott Petts – Art Director for HBO New York
- Tim Omaji – Australian singer-songwriter and dancer
Programs / Courses
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Animation)
- Diploma of Creative Arts (Animation)
Audio Engineering & Sound Production
- Bachelor of Creative Technology (Audio Engineering & Sound Production)
- Diploma of Audio Engineering & Sound Production
Contemporary Music Performance
- Bachelor of Music with specialization in Contemporary Performance
- Diploma of Music with specialization in Contemporary Performance
Design (Visual Communication)
- Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication)
- Diploma of Design (Visual Communication)
Entertainment Business Management
- Bachelor of Entertainment Business Management
- Diploma of Entertainment Business Management
Film & Television Production
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Film & Television)
- Diploma of Film & Television
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Game Design)
- Diploma of Creative Arts (Game Design)
- Bachelor of Music with specialization in Songwriting
- Diploma of Music with specialization in Songwriting
- Bachelor of Music with specialization in Music Production
- Diploma of Music with specialization in Music Production
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Acting)
- Diploma of Creative Arts (Acting)
Master of Creative Industries
Tuition Fee / Cost
The Tuition Fee 2020:
- Diploma (2 trimester / 7-8 months): AUD $11,300 per trimester (Total Fee AUD $22,600)
- Bachelor (6 trimester / 2-3 years): AUD $11,300 per trimester (Total Fee AUD $67,800)
- Master (4 semesters / 2 years): AUD $11,000 per trimester (Total Fee AUD $44,000)
How to Apply (Online Application)
a) You can apply directly from our website here OR;
2) Submit Documents
You must submit the required documents.
3) Interview + Audition/Portfolio
The school will contact you to arrange an interview, either in person or through video call.
To accept an offer you must:
- Complete and sign the Enrolment Form
- Complete and sign the Enrolment Agreement
- Complete and sign the Applicant Checklist and Financial Declaration forms
- Pay enrolment fee of AUD $150.00
- Pay first trimester tuition fee
- Organise Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
5) Apply for Visa
JMC Academy will issue an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) so that you can apply for a study visa.
6) Start your creative furutre at JMC Academy!
Is JMC Academy a university?
JMC Academy is broadly recognised and accredited: Registered Higher Education Provider.
What does JMC Academy stand for?
John Martin Cass, founder of JMC Academy, began the organization in Sydney in 1982 to meet the need for qualified specialists in the entertainment technology sector.
Is JMC a good university?
JMC Academy is a good university because it has many undergraduate and postgraduate courses that will help you in your creative career. You can also receive a scholarship if you are accepted into the school.