Egg rolls are one of my favorite foods. They’re delicious! I love them fried up with some veggies inside. But did you know there are many ways to eat them besides deep frying them? There are healthier versions out there too.
Are Egg Rolls Healthy For You?
Yes. Egg rolls are made from wheat flour dough stuffed with meat, vegetables, and sauce.
Many people think that if something has eggs, it must be unhealthy. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Eggs are perfect for us. They contain protein, vitamins, minerals, and fats.
There are many health benefits associated with eating them.
- Egg rolls are low in fat. You can make them without using any oil at all. Just use vegetable shortening instead. This will help reduce cholesterol levels in your blood.
- They’re high in fiber. Fiber is essential to our diet because it helps lower cholesterol levels. It also helps regulate bowel movements.
- They are easy on the stomach. They don’t require much chewing. Plus, they have a soft texture.
Here are three tips to remember.
- Eat slowly. Don’t rush through your meal. Take your time and enjoy each bite.
- Keep your portions reasonable. A single serving should not be more than 2 cups.
- Drink plenty of water. Water helps keep your body hydrated and keeps you feeling full longer.
What Is Egg Rolls?
They come in various shapes and sizes. Some are filled with ground beef, others with chicken, and others with pork. Some even feature cheese or seafood. Whatever kind you choose, stick to a moderate portion size.
How To Make Egg Rolls
Making them isn’t hard. All you need is a little bit of time and patience. First, you’ll want to prepare the filling. Mix all the ingredients except for the egg roll wrappers. Then add the beaten eggs and mix until combined.
Next, take a wrapper and place 1/4 cup of the mixture into the center. Fold over the sides and ends of the wrapper. Seal the edges by pressing firmly. Repeat with remaining wrappers and fillings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is healthier, egg rolls or spring rolls?
Both types of food are healthy, but they are not the same. Egg roll wrappers tend to be thicker than spring roll wrappers. Spring rolls are usually made with rice paper, while egg rolls are often made with wheat flour.
Spring rolls contain more vegetables. However, both types of foods are high in protein and fiber.
How many egg rolls should I eat?
Egg rolls are delicious! They’re easy to make and perfect for parties because everyone loves them. But overeating them will lead to overeating and could also be bad for your health.
The average person eats around 300 calories of an egg roll, equivalent to one-third of their daily calorie intake. That’s way more than most people need.