Did you know people can use that egg roll wrappers for more than just egg rolls? You can use them to make various dishes, including pasta dishes, pizza rolls, and even desserts!
If you’re looking for new recipe ideas, check out the following recipes. You’ll be surprised at how versatile they can be!
Egg Roll Recipe Ideas
Do you love them? I know I do. The crispy wrapper and the delicious filling make my taste buds jump for joy.
But sometimes, it’s hard to develop new and interesting recipe ideas. That’s why I’ve put together this list of my favorite recipes. Enjoy!
Egg Roll Recipe Ideas
They are a delicious and fun appetizer or side dish and can be made with various fillings. Here are three recipes to get you started:
- Spicy Shrimp and Cream Cheese: This recipe is easy to make and features a wrapped spicy shrimp filling.
- BBQ Pork: These are filled with tender BBQ pork and smothered in a delicious homemade BBQ sauce.
- Vegetarian: People fill them with crunchy vegetables like cabbage, carrots, and mushrooms, and they’re perfect for people who don’t eat meat.
Non Traditional Egg Roll Fillings
I like to get a little creative. Instead of the traditional pork and cabbage mix, sometimes I’ll do shrimp and asparagus, or even chicken and sweetcorn. The possibilities are endless!
Appetizers With Egg Roll Wrappers
Looking for some delicious and easy appetizers to make with them? You’ve come to the right place! They are so versatile and can be used in all sorts of recipes.
Here are a few of our favorite appetizers:
- Mini Egg Rolls – These mini egg rolls are perfect for filling up finger foods! Just fill it with your favorite meat and vegetables, then fry or bake until golden brown. Serve with a sweet and sour dipping sauce or your favorite Chinese dips.
- Egg Roll Bites – These bite-sized morsels are perfect for popping in your mouth! Simply fill it with cooked ground meat, shredded cheese, and your favorite seasonings. Then bake until golden brown and crispy. Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- Egg Roll Cups – These egg roll cups are perfect for parties! Just fill them with cooked ground meat, shredded cheese, and your favorite vegetables. Then bake until golden brown and crispy. Serve with sour cream or salsa on the side.
Different Types Of Egg Roll Wrappers
Different types of egg roll wrappers are made from different types of flour. The most common type of flour used for egg roll wrappers is wheat flour, but you can also find wrappers made from rice flour, tapioca flour, and even bean flour. Each type of flour will give the wrapper a slightly different texture and flavor.
- Wheat flour is the most common type of flour used. It gives the wrapper a nice, chewy texture and a slightly nutty flavor.
- Rice flour is another popular choice. It produces a lighter and crisper wrapper than one made with wheat flour. Rice flour also has a milder flavor, which some people prefer.
- Tapioca flour. Tapioca flour produces a wrapper that is very thin and crispy. It also has a neutral flavor, which makes it a good choice if you want the flavor of your filling to be the star of the show.
- Bean flours are a good choice for a vegan or gluten-free ones. They produce a wrapper that is slightly chewy with a nutty flavor.
Egg Roll Filling Ideas
Many people like to make it, and I’m one of them. It’s not difficult, but it is a bit time-consuming. So, I’ve been looking for some new and interesting filling ideas.
And boy did I find some good ones! Read on to see what I came up with. 🙂
Egg Roll Filling Ideas
Like me, you love it but sometimes get tired of the same old filling. Here are some new ideas to spice up your cooking game!
- BBQ pork: This is a classic and always a hit. Cooked pork mixed with barbeque sauce makes for a delicious and easy-to-make filling.
- Beef and broccoli: Another familiar favorite, beef and broccoli combine perfectly. Be sure to have plenty of soy sauce on hand for dipping!
- Tuna salad: A nice change of pace, tuna salad is light, refreshing, and perfect for a hot summer day. Make it ahead of time, so it’s ready to go when you are!
- Thai chicken: If you’re looking for something exotic, try this Thai-inspired chicken filling made with peanut sauce and ginger. It’s amazing!
- Cheese quesadilla: Last but not least, why not stuff it with cheesy goodness? Quesadillas are simple to make, and everyone loves them. So go crazy and mix up your fillings today!
Do You Put Eggs In Egg Rolls?
If you’re wondering whether or not to put eggs, I say go for it! Eggs can help bind the ingredients together and make a more cohesive roll.
Plus, they add a delicious touch of richness. Make sure to use fresh eggs and cook them thoroughly before adding them to the mix. Happy rolling!
How Long Are Homemade Egg Rolls Good For?
They should last a few days in the fridge if they’re made fresh and haven’t been sitting out for too long.
Honestly, they’re so much better when they’re fresh, so I would recommend eating them within a day or two of making them.
Do you love fried rice? I know I do. It might just be my favorite dish ever. There’s something about the flavor and texture of fried rice that makes me happy.
Plus, it’s versatile – you can add almost any ingredients, and it always turns out great.
Whether having a casual dinner at home or eating out at a restaurant, fried rice is always a good choice. If you’re looking for a delicious new dish, why not give fried rice a go? You won’t regret it!
– What Goes With Fried Rice?
Fried rice is a popular dish in many countries and can be made with various ingredients. In the Philippines, it is common to add eggs and chorizo, while the chicken is often used in Thailand. Here are three recipes that will go well with fried rice:
- Spicy Beef and Broccoli: This dish features tender beef strips sautéed with broccoli florets and finished with a spicy brown sauce.
- Chicken Teriyaki: This classic Japanese dish features chicken breast meat marinated in a sweet teriyaki sauce and then grilled or pan-fried.
- Sweet and Sour Pork: Tender pork slices are stir-fried with onion, bell pepper, and pineapple in a sweet and sour sauce. This dish is often served with rice.
So there you have three recipes that go great with fried rice. With so many options, you’re sure to find one that you’ll love!
What Meat Goes Well With Fried Rice?
Fried rice is a versatile dish that can be paired with almost any meat. The most popular meats typically served with fried rice include chicken, beef, and shrimp. However, other meats such as pork or lamb can also be used.
The key to pairing the right meat with your fried rice is to consider the flavor profile of both dishes. For example, if you have a dish that is heavily flavored with soy sauce, then it would be best to pair it with a similarly flavored meat like chicken or shrimp.
On the other hand, if your fried rice has a more subtle flavor profile, you can experiment with different meats until you find one that pairs well with it.
Crunchy Chinese Noodles
Do you love the taste of Chinese food? Do you love the texture of crispy noodles? If so, you’re going to love this recipe!
These Crunchy Chinese Noodles are easy to make, and they taste amazing. You’re going to love how delicious and crunchy they are. So don’t wait any longer.
Give this recipe a try today! You won’t regret it.
What Are The Crunchy Chinese Noodles Called?
A few different types of noodles can be classified as “Crunchy Chinese Noodles.”
One type is made from the starch of mung beans, which is mixed with water and formed into thin strips. These noodles are then deep-fried and have a crispy texture.
Another type of crunchy Chinese noodles is made from wheat flour. The dough is mixed with bamboo shoots, egg whites, and salt, then rolled out very thin and cut into strips.
After being boiled for a few minutes, these noodles are drained and then deep-fried in hot oil. They have an especially crispy texture when eaten fresh.
What Are The Crunchy Things You Get With Chinese Food?
They are called “fortune cookies,” and they are a Chinese invention. Inside each fortune cookie is a slip of paper with a proverb, a bit of wisdom, or a lucky message.
Sauces For Egg Rolls
Do you like them? I do, and I love the sauces. In this post, I’ll share some of my favorite sauces. Whether making your egg Rolls or buying them pre-made, these sauces will add a delicious new dimension to your meal. Enjoy!
What Sauce Goes With Egg Rolls?
If you’re looking for the perfect sauce to accompany the dish, you can’t go wrong with any of these three options.
Sweet and sour sauce, hoisin sauce, and duck sauce are all great choices that will perfectly complement the flavors of your egg rolls.
Just pick whichever one sounds most appealing to you and enjoy!
What Is Good With Egg Rolls?
There are endless possibilities, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Plum sauce
- Chili garlic sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Sriracha sauce
Recipe For Egg Rolls
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious appetizer, look no further! This recipe is simple to follow and always a hit with guests.
It’s perfect for any occasion – from game day parties to potlucks. Give it a try today!
Recipes Using Egg Roll Wrappers Baked
There are all sorts of things you can do with them. For example, you could:
- Wrap a piece of cooked ham and shredded cheese in a wrapper and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Spread some pizza sauce, top with pepperoni or other favorite toppings, and bake until the toppings are hot.
- Chicken salad or tuna salad.
- Little burritos filled with your favorite fillings.
Baked Egg Roll Wrappers Recipe Ideas
Well, the possibilities are endless! You can fill them with just about anything you like. Some popular fillings include:
- Stir-fried veggies (think: cabbage, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.)
- Cheese and/or ham
- Shrimp or other seafood
- Ground beef or pork
- Noodles (both cooked and uncooked work great)
Egg Rolls In Air Fryer
Who doesn’t love them? They’re the perfect appetizer for any party or get-together. But who has time to roll them up and fry them? That’s where your air fryer comes in! You can easily make them right in.
Plus, it’s a lot healthier than frying them in oil. So give this easy recipe a try, and you’ll be hooked.
– Can You Put Egg Rolls In The Air Fryer?
Yes, you can! Make sure to spray them with cooking spray first so they don’t stick to the basket.
Cook them at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes until they’re golden brown and crispy. Enjoy!
How Long Does It Take To Cook Egg Rolls In An Air Fryer?
It takes about 15 minutes.
Dumplings In Air Fryer
If you’re looking for a fun, new way to enjoy dumplings, you must try cooking them in your air fryer! This cooking method is quick and easy, resulting in crispy dumplings that are sure to please.
Plus, using an air fryer is a great way to reduce the amount of oil you cook, so it’s a healthy option too. So give this tasty cooking method a try and see how delicious air-fried dumplings can be!
Can You Put Dumplings In Air Fryer?
You can, but they may not come out as well as if you cooked them in boiling water. The air fryer will give the dumplings a crisp exterior, but they may be a little dry inside.
Can You Make Potstickers In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can make potstickers in an air fryer. Place the potstickers in the air fryer basket and cook at 390 degrees for 8-10 minutes, flipping once during cooking. Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice. Enjoy!
Food Made With Egg Roll Wrappers
This post will show you how to make a delicious and quick food dish with them. They can be used to make all sorts of things, like tacos, burritos, and more! Stay tuned!
Food Made With Egg Roll Wrappers
They are a great way to make food that is both delicious and healthy. Not only do they taste great, but they are also packed with nutrients essential for optimal health.
Some of the key benefits include:
- Improved heart health: High omega-3 fatty acids help improve heart health by reducing inflammation and preventing the build-up of plaque in the arteries.
- Reduced risk of cancer: They are rich in antioxidants, which can help reduce cancer risk. Antioxidants fight off harmful toxins and carcinogens that can damage cells, leading to cancer.
- Better digestion: The fiber helps to promote regularity and prevent constipation. Fiber also helps to absorb water and add bulk to stool, making it easier to pass.
- Weight loss: They are low in calories and high in protein, which is essential for weight loss. Protein helps to keep you feeling full after eating, while the low-calorie content can help you reduce your overall intake.
Whether for a healthy snack or a quick and easy meal, egg roll wrappers are a great option. With so many benefits, there’s no reason not to give them a try!
How Do I Make My Own Egg Roll Wrappers
There are a few ways to make them. You can use a pasta machine or do it by hand. If you’re using a pasta machine, you’ll need 3 ingredients: all-purpose flour, eggs, and water.
Start by mixing the flour and eggs in the machine. Once they’re combined, add water until the dough is smooth but not too sticky. Then run the dough through the pasta machine on the thinnest setting. You may need to dust it with more flour if it’s too sticky.
If you’re making them by hand, mix 2 cups of flour, 2 eggs, and 1/4 cup of water until a soft dough forms. Knead the dough for a few minutes, then cover and let it rest for 30 minutes. After it has rested, roll it out as thinly as you can on a floured surface.
Once you have them ready, cut them into squares or circles. You can then use them to make egg rolls, dumplings, pot stickers, or any other dish you like! Enjoy!
Easy Recipes Using Egg Roll Wrappers
One of my favorite easy recipes is using it as the “wrap” for a chicken salad. I like to fry up some chicken (or I’ll use canned) and mix it with shredded carrots, green onions, and a little mayo.
I’ll season it with salt, pepper, and sometimes fresh ginger if I have it on hand. Then I’ll spread the mixture, roll it up like a burrito, and slice it into bite-sized pieces. They’re great served cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Using Store Brought Egg Rolls
I’m not a huge fan of store-bought ones. I think they’re generally dry and lacking in flavor. But my friends love them, so I decided to try them. I was surprised that the recipe below makes delicious!
They’re crispy, flavorful, and just the right amount of cheesy. Plus, they’re effortless to make. Give them a try for yourself and see what you think!
How Do You Use Store Bought Egg Roll Wrappers?
There are a few ways that you can use store-bought egg roll wrappers.
- One way is to fill them with your favorite ingredients and fold them into little egg rolls.
- Another way is to brush them with a little bit of oil or butter and then sprinkle them with some cinnamon and sugar. Then, bake them in the oven until they are golden brown.
How Long Can You Keep Egg Roll Wrappers In The Fridge?
You can keep egg roll wrappers in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just seal them tightly in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. After that, they’ll start to get dry and brittle. If you want to keep them for longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
Just wrap each wrapper in plastic wrap or place them in a freezer-safe bag before putting them in the freezer.
When ready to use them, just defrost at room temperature for about an hour or pop them in the microwave for a few seconds.
Fried Wonton Stripe
I get so excited when they go on sale at the grocery store. I can’t help it – I love fried foods! So, when I saw the package and some eggs in my refrigerator, I knew I had to make some.
They turned out so good! The crispy wrapper and the creamy egg filling were the perfect combinations. And they’re easy to make – you need a few simple ingredients and a little time. If you’re looking for an easy appetizer or snack, give this dish a try!
What Are Fried Wonton Strips Made Of?
They are made of wonton wrappers cut into thin strips and then deep-fried. They are made of flour, water, and eggs.
What Can I Use Instead Of Wonton Strips?
This recipe can use any type of thin noodle or pasta in place of wonton strips. Fettuccine or linguine would be a good choice.
Homemade Egg Rolls
Making them is a fun project and a great way to save money. Plus, you can customize the ingredients to your liking.
In this post, I’ll show you how to make it using a simple filling of ground pork and cabbage. They’re delicious and so easy to make!
Why Are My Homemade Egg Rolls Soggy and Greasy?
There are a few reasons your homemade egg rolls might be soggy. Here are a few things to check:
- Are you using fresh, high-quality ingredients? Using stale or low-quality ingredients can affect the final product. Make sure to use fresh, high-quality eggs, flour, and vegetables.
- Are you overfilling the egg rolls? When you stuff the egg roll wrapper with too much filling, it won’t be able to seal properly, and steam will escape during cooking, making the egg roll soggy. Fill them just enough so that they’re packed but not overly stuffed.
- Are you sealing the egg rolls properly? Make sure to seal the edges of the egg roll wrapper well so that no steam can escape.
- Are you cooking them at the right temperature? Cooking the egg rolls at too low of a temperature will make them greasy and soggy. Ensure to cook them at a high enough temperature to get nice and crispy.
- Are you storing them properly? Storing egg rolls in a moist environment will make them soggy. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Can You Wrap Egg Rolls Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! If you have the time, wrapping ahead of time can be a huge timesaver. Plus, it allows you to get them on the table much faster when you’re ready to serve. Here’s how to do it:
- Start by preparing your filling. This can be anything from a simple vegetable filling to more elaborate meat or seafood-based filling.
- Once your filling is prepared, begin wrapping the egg rolls using large sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper. You’ll want to wrap them individually to ensure they don’t stick together.
- Once they are wrapped, place them in a freezer-safe bag or container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When you’re ready to cook them, there’s no need to thaw them first. Just unwrap and cook according to your recipe instructions. They may take a minute or two longer to cook if they’re frozen but other than that, there’s no need to change anything.
Making Egg Rolls Crispier
You’re not alone if you love them but find that they often become soggy when you cook them. Luckily, there is a solution! Following these simple steps will make them crispier and more delicious than ever.
How Do You Make Egg Rolls Crispy Longer?
There are a few different ways to make egg rolls crispy longer.
- One way is to deep fry them at a high temperature. This will create a crisp outer shell that will help keep the egg roll moist and delicious inside.
- Another way is to bake them in the oven at a high temperature. This will also create a crisp outer shell that takes longer than deep frying.
- Finally, you can pan fry them over medium-high heat, flipping them often so they cook evenly on all sides. This method will take the longest time, but it will still result in a delicious and crispy egg roll!
Why Are My Egg Rolls Not Crispy?
The egg rolls may not be crispy because you are frying them at too low of a temperature.
When you are frying something, the temperature of the oil should be around 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If the oil is not hot enough, the food will absorb too much oil and not be crispy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Healthy Things To Make With Egg Roll Wrappers
Try some of these healthy recipes that use egg roll wrappers as the main ingredient:
- Veggie Egg Rolls – These are a great appetizer or main dish and easy to make!
- Asian Lettuce Wraps – Similar to egg rolls, but lighter and healthier.
- Turkey Club Wraps – A great way to use up leftovers, this wrap is hearty and satisfying.
- Chicken Burrito Bowls – Another great way to use leftovers, this time with chicken instead of turkey.
- Fruit Spring Rolls – A fun and healthy dessert perfect for summertime!
Dessert Recipes Using Egg Roll Wrappers
Egg roll wrappers make a great vessel for all kinds of sweet and savory fillings. I like to use them to make dessert spring rolls with various fillings. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Berry Spring Rolls: Fill each wrapper with fresh berries, honey, and whipped cream.
- Chocolate Spring Rolls: Fill each wrapper with melted chocolate, chopped nuts, and dried fruit.
- Banana Spring Rolls: Fill each wrapper with peanut butter and sliced bananas. Roll up and serve with dipping sauce on the side.
Can You Air Fry Wonton Wrappers?
Yes, you can. They will puff up a little bit and get nice and crispy. You can use them to make appetizers or snacks.
Egg Roll Wrapper Hacks
There are many ways to use them, and my favorite way is to fry them up and turn them into little egg rolls. You only need some cooked ground beef or pork, shredded cabbage, diced onions, and a little soy sauce.
Simply mix everything together, spoon it into the center, roll it up, and seal the edges with a little water. Fry them in hot oil until they’re golden brown and crispy, then serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Can I Use Egg Roll Wrappers To Make Dumplings?
Yes, you can use egg roll wrappers to make dumplings. All you need to do is cut the wrappers into small squares, fill them with your desired filling (vegetables, meat, etc.), and then pleat or fold them into little dumplings.
You can boil, steam, or fry them until they’re cooked. Serve with a dipping sauce, and enjoy!