Looking for a delicious way to start your day? Look no further than these amazing Cherry Ripe Muffins!
The Cherry Ripe muffin recipe is a delicious muffin recipe using the famous Cadbury Cherry Ripe Bar as the main ingredient. This recipe is easy to follow and will have you enjoying fresh, homemade muffins in no time.
So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
Cherry Ripe Muffins
This muffin recipe is for all the fans of Cadbury’s Cherry Ripe bars out there.
The muffins are a popular Australian treat perfect for the summer. They are a popular summertime treat that has been around for over ninety years now.
The only downside is that they can be pretty hard to find outside of Australia, which makes a recipe for them all the more enjoyable.
Cherry Ripe Muffin Recipe (Homemade Versions)
Original Version Recipe
This recipe is the original one, using the famous and delicious Cadbury chocolate bars. It is easy to make, with the great Cadbury chocolate taste.
- 150g butter or margarine at room temperature (I advise that you use the butter)
- 150g caster sugar (or white if preferred)
- 100g self-raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 150ml milk
- 200g grated chocolate (I advise that you use the Cadbury Cherry Ripe Bars)
- Preheat oven 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark
- Grease and line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases or spray with cooking oil
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and caster sugar until light in color (this will take around five minutes)
- Add eggs one at a time to the mixture and beat well after each addition.
- Sift together flour and cocoa powder in a separate bowl, then add to the mixture alternating with pouring milk (this will take around 15 minutes)
- Add chopped chocolate bars to the batter mix before dividing them into paper cases.
- Fill each case ¾ full, so they cook evenly and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean
- Leave for a few minutes to cool before removing from paper cases and eating!
Remember that the longer you leave them out, the more likely they will be dry. This is because moisture evaporates as time goes on.
Homemade Version Recipe
If you don’t have the Cadbury chocolate bars, use this recipe. We’ll use chocolate chips and cherries to replace the chocolate bars. The result tastes as good, if not better than the original recipe.
- ¾ cup butter softened at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract or other flavorings of choice
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 200g chocolate chips
- a handful of cherries pitted and finely chopped
- Pinch of salt, if desired
- Mix butter and brown sugar until the mixture is nice and creamy.
- Beat in vanilla extract or another flavoring you choose to use. Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder) gradually and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Add a few fresh cherries and chocolate chips to the muffin batter if desired.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ of the way full with batter and bake for 20 minutes or until risen and golden brown on top.
What You Need to Know about Cadbury Cherry Ripe Bars
Cherry Ripe is a brand of chocolate bar manufactured by Cadbury Australia. It consists of cherries and coconut coated with dark chocolate.
Introduced by the Australian confectioner MacRobertson’s in 1924, it is now one of Australia’s oldest chocolate bars and one of the top chocolate bar brands sold.
After Cadbury acquired Australian confectioner MacRobertson’s in 1967, it continued to manufacture it, along with Freddo, Old Gold, and Snack.
The wrappers continued to display the former company’s distinctive logo until 2002.
How to Make the Perfect Muffins?
What is a muffin?
A muffin is a baked good that usually consists of flour, sugar, milk or water (or both), butter, and eggs. The batter can also contain baking powder, salt, spices, and flavorings.
Muffins are often tall like cupcakes without frosting with an indented top surface, making them easy to cut in half for eating.
A muffin is usually eaten as a brunch food and can be served with butter, margarine, and fruit preserves like strawberry or raspberry jam, honey, or yogurt for breakfast.
What are the basic ingredients?
You will need some flour, sugar (brown or white), butter, eggs, milk, and a little salt.
Sometimes people add additional ingredients to make muffins a little more interesting.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Create a muffin pan with cooking spray or lining cups in the tin with paper liners.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into prepared muffin tins, filling them ¾ of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
- Cool in the pan for five minutes before turning onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
What Other Items Will You Need?
You may also need a muffin tray, chocolate ganache, melted chocolate, melted butter, coconut sugar, wire rack, spoon, stir, and coconut cream.
What Type of Pan Should You Use?
Using a muffin tray for this Australian cherry ripe recipe would be best. To make sure that they come out quickly, line up baking paper on top of each mold so it comes out easily when it cooks.
I advise you to spray the pan with cooking oil before pouring your batter and filling it about ¾ full.
Cherry Ripe Cupcakes
These are one of my all-time favorite desserts! They’re sweet, moist, and full of flavor – and they’re always a hit at parties and potlucks.
- First, ensure your cherries are ripe and juicy – this will give your cupcakes the best flavor.
- Second, use good quality chocolate for the frosting – I like to use dark chocolate milk for these cupcakes.
- And finally, don’t overmix the batter – too much mixing will make your cupcakes tough.
Follow these tips, and you’ll have the perfect dish every time!
Milk chocolate cherry ripe
Some people like dark chocolate, some like milk chocolate, and some like something in between.
But when it comes to candy bars, there’s one that has stood the test of time. This classic Australian candy bar is made with milk chocolate and real cherries.
You’re seriously missing out if you’ve never had a Cherry Ripe. Trust me on this one.
Which Chocolate is Halal?
All major chocolate brands are halal. Some of the ingredients that are used in chocolate production and that may be derived from animals include milk, butter, and cream. However, these ingredients are all halal.
The only exception is if a chocolate brand contains alcohol as an ingredient. Alcohol is not halal.
Is Nutella Halal?
Yes, Nutella is Halal.
Nutella is made from a base of sugar, hazelnut, and cocoa. The ingredients in Nutella are all halal certified.
The production of Nutella does not contain any alcohol or pork products.
What is the Oldest Chocolate Bar?
The Oldest Chocolate Bar is the Fry’s Turkish Delight chocolate bar. It was created in 1844 by Joseph Fry and his son Charles.
Will Mouthwash Show up on a Breathalyzer?
Many types of mouthwash will not show up on a Breathalyzer.
However, there are some types of mouthwash that contain alcohol and will show up on a Breathalyzer.
It is important to check the ingredients of any mouthwash before using it if you plan to take a Breathalyzer test.
Is Cadbury Australian?
No, Cadbury is a British company. But there are Cadbury chocolate products made in Australia.
Is Cadbury Cherry Ripe Halal?
Yes, Cadbury Cherry Ripe is Halal. The ingredients used in making this product are all Halal certified. This includes the chocolate, dairy cream, sugar, and cherry flavor.
Will Lemon Lime Bitters Show up Breath Test?
Yes, lemon lime bitters will show up on a breath test. The active ingredient in lemon-lime bitters is alcohol, so it will be detectable on a breathalyzer.
However, the amount of alcohol in lemon-lime bitters is relatively low, so it’s not likely to result in a positive reading on a breathalyzer test.