Pizza is such a fun treat, especially if you have friends over for dinner. However, sometimes after a big meal, you need something sweet to go along with it. This is where desserts come in handy.
Here are what goes with pizza for dessert:
- Dessert pizza: Cinnamon Roll, Apple Crisp, Chocolate Chip, Fruit Pie Dessert Pie, etc.
- Ice Cream
- Banana Splits
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- And many more.
There are so many different desserts that go well with pizza, and I will share a few of them here.
What is Pizza?
What is pizza exactly?
Pizza is made from dough or bread rolled out into thin sheets. It can be topped with cheese, meat, vegetables, sauces, and other ingredients.
The toppings can vary depending on the type of pizza being served. Some pizzas have only one topping, while others have multiple toppings and flavorful sauce.
Types of Pizza
The most common types of pizza include:
- Thin crust – A thin pizza crust is usually baked at a high temperature and then cut into pieces before serving. These pizzas are typically found at fast-food restaurants.
- Deep dish – A deep dish pizza is also known as a pan pizza because it is cooked in a large baking dish. When this pizza is sliced, the bottom layer is thicker than the top. As a result, they are often filled with more toppings than a regular pizza.
- Stuffed pizza – A stuffed pizza is similar to a calzone. It is made by folding dough around fillings like pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, etc.
- Hand-tossed – A hand-tossed pizza is made by tossing all the toppings together onto the dough. This is probably the easiest way to make a pizza.
- Stuffed Crust – A stuffed crust pizza is similar to a stuffed pizza, but instead of using a filling, it uses dough to hold the toppings. The most favorite one is the cheese-stuffed crust and chocolate stuffed crust pizza.
Is pizza a pie or a sandwich?
A pizza is not technically a pie or a sandwich. It is a flatbread which means it is not round. Pies are made using a mold and sandwiches are made using a loaf of bread.
However, if you have to choose, pizza dough is more of a bread dough type. Therefore pizza is technically an open-faced sandwich and not an open-faced savory pie.
What Goes with Pizza for Dessert?
What is the best dessert after pizzas?
There are many types of desserts that go well when paired with pizza. Here are some favorite ideas that are also great for a pizza party:
This is my favorite dessert. Dessert pizza is a perfect balance of pizza and perfect dessert. It’s a fun way to enjoy both food groups at once.
Some of the most favorite recipes of dessert pizzas include
- Cinnamon roll dessert pizza
- Apple crisp dessert pizza
- Chocolate chip dessert pizza
- Banana foster dessert pizza
- Easy apple dessert pizza
- Pumpkin pie dessert pizza
- Fruit pie dessert pizza
- Blueberry dessert pizza
Of course, regular ice cream would be an obvious choice. You could either get your scoop of ice cream of your popular flavor or try making your own.
You could even add toppings like chocolate chips, nuts, sprinkles, whipped cream, caramel sauce, etc.
You might think banana splits are just for kids, but they actually go great with pizza too! Banana splits are basically a slice of cake covered in chocolate sauce and bananas.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you’re looking for something sweet, cookies are always a good option. Of course, chocolate chip cookies are the classic cookie, but there are tons of other flavors to try out.
Cakes are another great option for dessert. Try pairing cake with pizza by using a cheesecake, classic chocolate cake, or cupcake instead of a traditional slice of cake.
Pies are always delicious, but they are perfect for dessert—pair pie with pizza by choosing a fruit pie or a savory pie.
Muffins are very versatile. They are easy to make and are a great breakfast item. They are also the perfect amazingdessert.
Brownies are another popular dessert that goes well with pizza. Choose between chocolate brownies or peanut butter brownies.
Cupcakes are another great dessert that goes well with any meal. You can choose between amazing flavors of red velvet cupcakes, carrot cake cupcakes, or banana walnut cupcakes.
Another great dessert that pairs well with pizza is a tart. Fruit tarts are much easier to make than pies and are a lot less messy.
The fundamentals of a fruit tart include a flaky crust, decadent pastry cream filling, and a colorful array of fruit to top it off.
Fresh strawberries are one of the best fruits to pair with pizza. They go perfectly with cheese pizzas and even work well with meaty pizzas.
Another classic dessert that pairs well with pizza is cheesecake. Try pairing this cheesy dessert with strawberry cheesecake or lemon cheesecake.
Fruit salads are an excellent way to end a meal. They are made of favorite fruits, healthy, and full of vitamins and minerals. They are also a great way to use up leftover fruits.
Frozen yogurt is a healthier alternative to ice cream. It is low fat and contains fewer calories. It is also a great way to cool off after eating a heavy meal.
Sorbet is a frozen dessert that is not quite as sweet as ice cream. However, it is a refreshing treat perfect for the sweet tooth.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
Chocolate chip cookie dough balls are one of the best things I have ever eaten. They are soft and chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. They are so good that I don’t think anyone will believe me if I say that they taste just like pizza!
Banana Walnut Bread
Banana nut bread is a delicious loaf of bread that is perfect for dessert. The combination of bananas and nuts with cream cheese frosting makes it extra tasty.
Strawberries and shortcakes are two foods that are synonymous with each other. When combined, they create a heavenly treat.
Tiramisu is a creamy dessert made from ladyfingers soaked in coffee and then layered with mascarpone cheese and rum-soaked raisins. This no-bake dessert is a decadent Italian dessert perfect for special occasions.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Pumpkin spice lattes are a seasonal drink that is perfect for fall. They are rich in pumpkin spices and caffeine.
Hot cocoa is another beverage that is perfect for winter. It is made from hot water, milk, and cocoa powder.
Coffee is a great way to start the morning. It is also a nice way to wind down at night.
There’s something behind the Italian tradition of drinking coffee after a big meal.
Tea is another beverage that is great for both morning and evening. There are many different types of tea, including green tea, white tea, black tea, chai tea, etc.
How to Make Dessert Pizza?
Fruit Pie Dessert Pizza Recipe
This dessert pizza recipe, also known as summer dessert pie, is a combination of sugar cookie crust with cream cheese filling and fresh fruit toppings. It is one of the quick dessert summer meals that are sweet, easy to make, and almost looks too pretty to eat.
- Prep time: 235 mins + chilling
- Bake time: 15 mins + cooling
- Serves: 16
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 firm banana, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries (or other favorite berries)
- In a small bowl, combine butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and the extracts, beating until combined. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl; add to creamed butter mixture and beat until evenly mixed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray and press the dough into it. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown, at 350°. Allow to cool fully on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water and orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Allow to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Topping: In a small dish, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Add whipped topping; mix well until it reaches a creamy texture. Spread over the crust. Arrange the fruit on top of it. Brush the glaze over the fruit. Refrigerate after making it.
- Each recipe and nutritional info will vary depending on the brands, measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.
- Don’t have any fresh strawberries? That’s fine. While fresh is best for strawberries, frozen strawberries will work fine, too. Or you can also use other types of berries.
- For a thicker glaze, cornstarch is the key. Once the strawberry-sugar mixture has come to a boil, add a cornstarch-water mixture. Keep mixing until it becomes thick.
What sides go well with pizza?
Pizza goes great with side dishes like salad, pasta, soup, breadsticks, chips, crackers, veggies, fruits, etc.
Do coffee and pizza go together?
Yes! Coffee is great for breakfast or anytime during the day. You can drink your coffee black, or you can enjoy flavored coffees such as mocha, cappuccino, espresso, latte, etc.
What Does pizza Hut have for dessert?
They offer a variety of desserts, including ice cream sundaes, cakes, pies, cookies, brownies, bars, and more.