What do you serve after a bowl of warm, hearty chicken noodle soup? Look no further if you’re looking for a dessert that pairs with the comfort food classic!
Some of the best desserts that go well with chicken noodle soup are:
- Chocolate cake
- Apple pie
- Peach cobbler
- And many more.
Whether your family is craving something light and sweet or crave-worthy enough to satisfy any sweet tooth – I’ve got many delicious ideas that will make all the moms out there proud.
Keep reading to find my favorite desserts with comforting chicken noodle soup!
Desserts that Complement Chicken Noodle Soup
#1 – Chocolate Cake
Chocolate cake is the perfect accompaniment because its sweetness balances out the soup’s savory flavor, making it a truly delicious combination.
When it comes to chocolate cakes, there are so many different recipes to choose from. You can’t go wrong if you prefer a classic chocolate cake with fudge frosting or something more creative like a flourless Italian chocolate cake.
Try making your homemade version with fresh ingredients and unique flavors for an extra special treat.
#2 – Apple Pie
Well, apple pie is one of my favorite desserts and a great accompaniment to the classic comfort food: chicken noodle soup. It is a traditional dessert that consists of an apple pie crust filled with apples and cinnamon.
The acidity of the apples and the sweetness of a nice crust make it a perfect pairing for the soup. It’s filling but not too heavy, adding a crunchy texture to your meal.
It can also be topped with whipped cream, ice cream, or caramel sauce.
#3 – Peach Cobbler
Peach Cobbler is a dessert made of sweetened, sliced peaches baked with a biscuit or dough on top. The dough can be rolled out and placed over the fruit, dropped by spoonfuls onto the fruit, or mixed in with the fruit.
Sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter may be added to the fruit mixture. The Cobbler is then baked in a hot oven until the crust is golden brown.
#4 – Cherry Pie
Cherry Pie is a delicious dessert that is enjoyed by many. It is made with cherries and a pie crust. The cherries are usually pitted and then cooked with sugar and flour.
The mixture is then poured into the pie crust and baked. A topping of either whipped cream or ice cream can be added before serving.
#5 – Blueberry Pie
Satisfy your sweet tooth with a tantalizing blueberry pie! All you need is pastry dough, succulent blueberries, sugar, flour, butter, milk, and cinnamon. Just bake it in the oven until golden brown to enjoy this delectable treat that everyone wants more!
The filling can also be made from other berries or fruits, such as cherries, blackberries, raspberries, or strawberries.
#6 – Chocolate Chip Cookies
Combining the classic flavors of chicken noodle soup and chocolate chip cookies is a no-brainer! The smooth texture and sweet taste of the cookies balance perfectly with the savory flavor of the soup, making it an irresistible combination.
It also adds some much-needed crunch to an otherwise soft meal. Plus, there are many variations on classic chocolate chip cookie recipes so that you can liven up your bowl of soup in many ways!
#7 – Brownies
Brownies are a great option if you’re looking for something more decadent. There is something so comforting about the combination of sweet and savory flavors that make it an absolute timeless classic!
Not only does the chocolatey goodness counterbalance the saltiness from the soup, but brownies can also add a little extra texture for your tongue to explore. Plus, when you take a bite of a warm and gooey brownie with that warm and thick-bodied broth – oh my gosh, it’s heavenly!
#8 – Rice Krispie Treats
These marshmallow treats are a favorite among kids and adults alike. They’re sweet and chewy, which makes them a perfect pairing for chicken noodle soup.
They’re easy to make ahead of time and take on the go, which makes them ideal for busy weeknights or sick days spent at home in bed.
#9 – Fruit salad
If you’re looking for something light and refreshing with your chicken noodle soup, why not try a fruit salad? It’s a healthy and tasty way to end your meal.
You can mix up any combination of fruits, like grapes, oranges, apples, bananas, or strawberries, and drizzle it with honey or sprinkle some cinnamon.
#10 – Cheesecake
Cheesecake is excellent if you want something rich and indulgent after your soup. Make it yourself or pick up a pre-made slice at the store.
Cheesecake pairs perfectly with soup because its creamy texture contrasts nicely with the hearty flavors of chicken noodle soup. Plus, there are so many different cheesecake flavors that you’ll never get bored!
#11 – Ice Cream Sundae
How doesn’t love ice cream? An ice cream sundae is always a crowd-pleaser, making an excellent pairing with chicken noodle soup.
Start by picking your favorite flavor (chocolate chip cookie dough is my favorite) and top it off with hot fudge sauce or caramel syrup. Add some whipped cream and sprinkles for an extra special touch!
Tips to Find the Perfect Dessert Accompaniment
When looking for the perfect dessert accompaniment for chicken noodle soup, there are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind.
- Consider the flavor of your soup when choosing a dessert – pair creamy soups with something sweet like chocolate chip cookies or apple pie and spicy soups with something more neutral like rice krispie treats or fruit salad.
- Think about the texture of your soup when picking a dessert – opt for something light and airy if you have a thick and hearty soup, and something heavier like pound cake if you have a light and brothy soup.
- Presentation matters! Arrange desserts on a platter or individual plates to create an inviting dinner table.
What is It?
Chicken noodle soup is a treasured dish that has been around for years; it’s brimming with flavor and can be cooked in countless methods. The broth-based concoction includes chicken, vegetables, and noodles – all of which blend to create a delectable meal popular among individuals worldwide!
Chicken noodle soup has many health benefits due to its high nutrient content.
- It’s rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which can help boost your immune system and reduce inflammation.
- Additionally, it’s low in calories and fat, making it an ideal meal for those looking to maintain or lose weight.
- The broth base also contains amino acids that can help improve digestion and relieve cold and flu symptoms.
- The combination of vegetables, chicken, and noodles makes this dish a complete meal that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
What to serve with chicken and noodle soup?
- A traditional accompaniment for this combo is a freshly baked loaf of crusty bread. Whether a classic French baguette or something more modern like olive focaccia, having some fresh-baked bread on hand will help soak up all the delicious broth from your soup.
- You can also go for a healthier option such as whole grain crackers, or if your gang is dipped fried food fanatics, there are always beer-battered onion rings!
- Alongside your side dishes, add some vibrant leaves and veggies for color. Try wilted kale or spinach sautéed with garlic and olive oil – super healthy!
- Don’t forget about salads – stick with lighter dressings like vinaigrettes instead of creamy ones so they won’t overpower the flavors in your soup.
What to eat with chicken soup when sick?
When you’re feeling under the weather, there are few things more comforting than a big bowl of chicken soup!
- Toast with honey and peanut butter – The salty-sweet combination is perfect alongside your steaming bowl of soup.
- Grilled cheese sandwich – Who can resist the classic combo of melted cheese and crispy toast? It’s sure to bring a smile even when you don’t feel hot.
- Quinoa salad – For those looking for something light and healthy, quinoa is packed with tons of beneficial nutrients and adds an interesting texture and flavor to your meal. Add in fresh greens or vegetables for an added boost!
- Veggie wraps – If you’re craving something fresher, try out some veggie wraps filled with colorful vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, spinach leaves, etc., all tucked up snugly in tortilla wraps. Yum!
- Pita bread – Warm pieces of pita bread are great for dipping into soups or as accompaniments if served plain with olive oil on top. Delicious yet super easy too!
What do Asians eat with soup?
Asians eat a lot of different things with soup!
- One popular accompaniment to soup in many Asian cultures is rice. You’ll often find white or brown rice bowls alongside miso soup in Japan and China.
- Other ingredients commonly paired with soups in Asia include noodles (such as ramen noodles) and dumplings like gyoza or shumai (Chinese steamed pork-filled dumplings). Bread like baozi (Chinese steamed buns) and Manju (Japanese chestnut cakes) are also favorite sides for soups.
- Finally, you might see side dishes such as pickled vegetables, boiled eggs, sautéed mushrooms, or tofu added to a bowl of Asian soups. These provide an extra layer of flavor while keeping the meal light and healthy – something I love about traditional Asian cuisine!