Hey moms! Have you ever wanted to fry keropoks but didn’t want to deal with the hot oil and the mess? Well, I have good news for you! You can fry keropoks in an airfryer! Keep reading to find out how.
Air fried Keropok
Keropok that has been fried in an airfryer is crispy and fluffy. They are golden brown and slightly chewy, with a delicious savory flavor.
Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, or enjoy them as is—they’re irresistible either way!
Can you fry keropoks in an airfryer?
Yes, you can! Keropoks are a type of cracker that is popular in Malaysia and Indonesia. They are made from flour, water, and salt and are usually deep-fried. However, you can also bake or grill them.
Air frying is an excellent alternative to deep frying because it uses less oil and produces less mess.
How do you fry keropoks in an airfryer?
It’s simple! Just place the keropoks in the airfryer basket and set the temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the keropoks are golden brown and crispy. Enjoy!
Air frying is a great way to enjoy all your favorite fried foods without all the oil and mess. So go ahead and give it a try. Your family will love them!
How To Fry Keropok In An Airfryer
- First, you’ll want to preheat your airfryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. While it’s preheating, cut your keropok into bite-sized pieces. You can also opt to leave them whole if you prefer.
- Once the airfryer is preheated, add your keropok to the basket and cook for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on them and shake them halfway through cooking to ensure even frying.
What is an airfryer?
An airfryer is a small appliance that uses hot air to cook food. It’s similar to a convection oven but cooks food faster.
They’re much healthier because they use less oil than traditional frying methods.
One of the best things is that it’s much healthier than deep-fried keropok. There’s no need for unhealthy oils and fats when using an airfryer, so you can feel good about serving this delicious snack to your family.
Additionally, air-fried keropok is just as crispy and delicious as its deep-fried counterpart—if not more so! So why not ditch the deep fryer and give air frying a try? You won’t be disappointed.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide
- Preheat your airfryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the keropok into bite-sized pieces. If you use store-bought keropok, you can usually find it cut into pieces. If you make homemade keropok, you must cut it yourself.
- Place the keropok pieces into a bowl and coat them with oil. You can use any oil, but I prefer to use olive oil or coconut oil.
- Add your desired seasonings to the keropok and toss to coat evenly. Some good options include salt, pepper, curry powder, or cumin.
- Place the keropok pieces into the basket of your airfryer and cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!