Pork tenderloin is a versatile and delicious protein that can be cooked in a variety of ways. It’s a leaner option than pork chops or pork loin, and it’s perfect for a healthy weeknight meal.
Best Salad to Serve With Pork Tenderloin
We’ll share three of our favorite salad recipes. With these salads on your menu, you’re sure to please everyone at the dinner table!
- Caesar Salad with Roasted Garlic Croutons: This classic salad gets an upgrade with roasted garlic croutons. The croutons add a savory element to the dish. And who doesn’t love a good Caesar salad?
- Kale and Cranberry Salad: This salad is packed with nutrients and flavor. The bitterness of the kale is offset by the sweetness of the cranberries, and the toasted almonds add a nice crunch.
- Summer Salad with Grilled Peaches: This salad is perfect for summertime! The grilled peaches add a touch of smokiness to the dish, while the feta cheese provides a creamy contrast.
We hope you’ll give one of these recipes a try! Bon appetit!
What Goes With Pork Tenderloin?
Many different sides can be served with this dish, but it can be tricky to choose the right one.
But what goes with pork tenderloin?
- Roaster Vegetables
- Mashed Potatoes
- Sprouts Salad
- And many more.
This blog post will discuss some of the best complementary sides. We’ll also provide some recipes so you can try them out yourself. Some of the most favorite ones are:
Pork Tenderloin: What Is It?
What is pork tenderloin?
It is a cut of meat that comes from the loin section of the pig. It is a lean and delicate cut of meat, which means that it can be cooked quickly and doesn’t require a long time in the oven.
It looks very similar to beef tenderloin, except it’s darker in color and usually around three times larger than the beef one.
It is often served as an elegant main course, but it can also be used in sandwiches or salads.
What is the difference between pork loin and pork tenderloin?
The pork loin is a larger cut of meat that comes from the back of the pig.
The pork tenderloin is a smaller, more delicate cut that comes from the loin section of the pig.
What is the difference between pork chops and pork tenderloin?
Pork chops are thicker cut of meat that comes from the shoulder or rib section of the pig.
Pork tenderloin is a thinner, more delicate cut that comes from the loin section of the pig.
Is pork tenderloin healthy?
It has low fat and calories. It is a good source of protein and vitamin B12.
What Goes with Pork Tenderloin?
Let’s discuss some of the best complementary sides.
What Side Dishes Go with Pork Tenderloin?
There are many different side dishes, but it can be tricky to choose the right one.
Roasted vegetables are a great pairing because they are light and healthy.
Potatoes are a classic side dish. They can be boiled, mashed, or roasted with herbs, red pepper flakes, and spices.
These sweet potatoes go well with it, especially if they have been baked with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Mac and Cheese
A macaroni and cheese recipe makes a perfect accompaniment. The creamy sauce pairs well with the rich flavor.
Creamy mashed cauliflower
Mashed cauliflower is another excellent side dish. It is made by mashing the florets together with butter, milk, cream, and seasonings.
Polenta is a cornmeal porridge that has become very popular over the past few years. Polenta is usually served with sausages, ham, or other meats. You can make polenta using chicken broth instead of water.
Green salad with apple cider vinaigrette
This green salad is a delicious combination of apples, greens, and balsamic vinegar. It is a simple yet satisfying side dish!
Bacon and spinach salad
If you want to add a bit of spice to your meal, then bacon and spinach salad is something you should consider. This salad is full of fresh flavors and textures.
Sprouts salad is a refreshing way to start your meal. Sprouts are sprouted seeds that have been soaked in water to remove their bitterness.
You can use white rice or brown rice.
Apple cider slaw
Apple cider slaw is made with shredded cabbage, apples, and a dressing made with apple cider vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard.
Lemon herb couscous salad
Lemon herb couscous is a refreshing fresh flavor side dish that is easy to make. It is made with couscous, lemon zest, fresh herb, garlic, and olive oil.
What Condiments Go with Pork Tenderloin?
Some good appetizers are roasted garlic cloves, cranberry sauce, and honey mustard dip.
Roasted garlic cloves
Roasted garlic cloves are a simple but delicious appetizer that can be made in minutes. Just roast the whole cloves of garlic in the oven until they are soft and fragrant.
Cranberry sauce is a classic Thanksgiving dish, but it can also be enjoyed all year round.
Honey mustard dip is a quick and easy appetizer that can be made with just three ingredients: Dijon mustard, honey, and mayo.
Applesauce is an excellent addition to baked goods such as muffins and bread. It is also great with pork tenderloin. To make this recipe, combine sweet apples and cinnamon in a pot and cook them until soft.
What Desserts Go With Pork Tenderloin?
Some good dessert ideas include apple pie, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie.
Another great option is chocolate cake. Chocolate cake is a crowd-pleaser and always hits the spot.
So if you are looking for something sweet to finish off your meal, these dessert ideas are sure to please!
How to Cook Pork Tenderloin?
Pork Tenderloin with Honey Garlic Sauce Recipe
Quick, simple, juicy pork fillet recipe dinner that everyone will enjoy.
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Serve: 5
- 2 pork tenderloin (pork fillet), 500g/1lb each
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil (or butter)
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
Pork Tenderloin Rub:
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar, rice vinegar, or champagne vinegar)
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, light or all-purpose
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix sauce ingredients together.
- Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl, then brush them over the pork.
- Over high heat, heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet. Sear the pork until golden brown all over.
- When the pork is almost cooked, move it to one side and add the garlic. Cook until golden.
- Pour the sauce over the tender pork. Turn the pork once, then place it in the oven as soon after.
- Roast for 15–18 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 68C / 155F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the pork from the oven, cover it with foil, and let the pork rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, boil the sauce for 3 minutes until the liquid has reduced to a thin syrup.
- Remove from stove, put pork in and turn to coat in sauce.
- Slice the pork into thick slices and serve with sauce.
Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin Recipe
It only needs simple ingredients.
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Serve: 4
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1.33 lbs. pork tenderloin
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- For making the herb mix, mince the garlic. In a small dish, combine the dried basil, thyme, and rosemary. Using your hands, gently crush the dry rosemary powder. Add the garlic, olive oil, salt, and a few freshly cracked black pepper to the mixing basin and stir until combined.
- Place the meat on a baking sheet or dish. Pour the oil and herb rub over the entire surface of the pork, including the underside.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and roast the pork for about 35 minutes, or until the inner temperature reaches at least 145°F.
- Allow the pork to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- If you see a thin transparent skin on it (that’s called the silver skin) it is best to trim that off before cooking (but not a major deal if you don’t).
- The meat is best cooked in a pan on the stovetop before finishing it in the oven. First, sear the pork to give it a nice crust, then finish cooking it in the oven.
- Using an instant-read meat thermometer is the most effective technique to eliminate uncertainty in food preparation, and it’s one of the first items you should buy for your kitchen.
- For storage, refrigerate the baked meat for up to three days in an airtight container.
- Leftover pork may be reheated in the oven on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Alternatively, leftovers can be warmed in the microwave.
- Tp freeze. keep the pork in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to three months before using it. Allow defrosting overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
What is good with pork tenderloin?
Some good side dishes to serve with are green beans almandine, quinoa salad, and apple cider slaw. These recipes are all easy to make and taste great.
How do you keep pork tenderloin from drying out?
To keep it from drying out, make sure to cook it until it is 145 degrees F. internal temperature. You can also brush the pork with a little bit of olive oil or melted butter before cooking.
Is pork tenderloin a good cut of meat?
Yes, it is a good cut of meat. The meat is lean and has a mild flavor.