If you’re looking for the best waffles in Sydney, you’ve come to the right place! This blog post will list our favorite spots for waffles in Sydney.
Here is the list of some of the most popular waffles in Sydney:
- Little Shop of Waffles
- Fresko Gelato & Waffle House
- Sugar House Waffles
- And many more.
We’ve got you covered whether you’re looking for sweet or savory waffles. So what are you waiting for? Start reading and get ready to indulge in some of the best waffles Sydney offers!
Waffles: Why Is It so Popular?
What is a waffle?
A waffle is a leavened batter or dough that is cooked between two plates, patterned to give a characteristic size, shape, and surface impression. Waffles are eaten throughout the world and come in many different shapes and sizes.
Waffles have been around for centuries and their popularity continues to grow. In fact, waffles are so popular that there is even a National Waffle Day!
So, why are waffles so popular?
Well, there are a few reasons.
First of all, waffles are delicious. They can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and can be either sweet or savory.
Secondly, waffles are easy to make. All you need is a waffle iron and some batter or dough.
Third, waffles are fun to eat! They can be eaten with your hands or with a fork and knife.
Lastly, waffles are versatile. You can top them with just about anything you want.
So, now that you know a little bit more about waffles, let’s get to the good stuff: where to find the best waffles in Sydney!
List of the Best Waffles in Sydney
Now that you know a little bit more about waffles, it’s time to list our favorite spots for waffles in Sydney.
#1 Little Shop of Waffles
The shop might be little. And it is located outside of Sydney CBD, around 0.2 miles from Manly Beach. But this shop has the best bubble waffles in the Sydney area.
They offer a vegan and gluten-free options.
- Address: 7, Shop 7/9 The Corso, Manly NSW 2095, Australia
- Price range: $
- Opening hours: Monday (closed), Tuesday – Wednesday (11 am – 5 pm), Thursday – Saturday (10 am – 9 pm), Sunday (10 am – 6 pm)
- Website: http://www.littleshopofwaffles.com/
- Recommended menu: Rocky Road Bubble Waffle, Chocka Bubble Waffle
- Google rating: 4.9/5
“i mean, just look at how gorgeously these cute lil bubble waffles are presented! loaded with gelato, fresh fruit, biscuits, and chocolate, these waffles are the perfect … “
“Cute little place serving amazing bubble waffles close to Manly beach. You got to try these while walking at the beach.”
#2 Fresko Gelato and Waffle House
Fresko offers handmade gelato and made-to-order waffles. Their primary menu is gelato. However, they also serve one of the best waffles in town.
The place is very cool and unique, with exposed-brick walls and pop-art murals.
- Address: 301 Victoria Rd, Marrickville NSW 2204, Australia
- Price range: $
- Opening hours: Monday (closed), Tuesday – Thursday (2 – 10 pm), Friday (2 – 11 pm), Saturday – Sunday (1 – 11 pm)
- Website: http://www.freskogelato.com.au/
- Recommended menu: Peanut butter, banana & honey; Smashed pavlova, strawberries & passionfruit sauce
- Google rating: 4.4/5
“The food is bloody amazing best waffles I’ve ever had in my life. Not too sweet not too bland, perfect mixture, especially the wide variety of options you can go with … “
“Absolutely delicious, the waffles were fresh and warm with a perfect blend of flavours. Would come back for seconds. :)”
#3 Cafe Organism
Cafe Organism is not a special waffle place. It is a general small cafe with a wide variety of menu. However, they serve breakfast, and they have cute, fresh, and delicious waffles as one of the breakfast menu.
- Address: 288 Crown St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010, Australia
- Price range: $
- Opening hours: 8 am – 5 pm
- Website: http://www.cafeorganism.com.au/
- Recommended menu: Banana, cream, pecan & salted caramel (sweet waffles); Triple morning rolls (savory waffles)
- Google rating: 4.8/5
“Love this place!!! Great home made cakes and delicious waffles.”
“The best waffles I’ve ever had and affordable!”
#4 Sugar House Waffles
Sugar House specializes in waffles and chocolate desserts, using Lindt chocolate as their main ingredient.
- Address: 2/171A Waterloo Rd, Greenacre NSW 2190, Australia
- Price range: $$-$$$
- Opening hours: 5 – 11 pm
- Website: https://instagram.com/sugarhousewaffles, http://www.sugarhousewaffles.com.au/
- Recommended menu: Waffle sandwich Covered in Lindt Chocolate, Rocky Waffle Road
- Google rating: 4.1/5
“Best waffles and churros situated at Waterloo Rd, Greenacre NSW opening hrs Mon – Sun this place is hands down the best dipping chocolate sauces they have … “
“Waffles are amazing ! Chocolate sauce is delicious. Ice coffee is nice. Haven’t tried anything else yet. But will be return soon to try …”
#5 Joseph Hyde
Joseph Hyde is a very popular cafe that is located near Royal Botanic Garden Sydney. It has a wide variety of menu. Their carrot cake waffle is very recommended.
- Address: 36 Llankelly Pl, Potts Point NSW 2011, Australia
- Price range: $$-$$$
- Opening hours: 7 am – 3 pm
- Website: https://www.instagram.com/josephhyde.co/
- Recommended menu: Carrot cake waffles
- Google rating: 4.6/5
“Loved this little quiet space. Attentive and warm service as well. Honestly the carrot cake waffles is the BOMB.”
“Their waffle dishes are amazing – both the fried chicken and the candied carrot one. Services are good.”
- Find 8 Donuts in Sydney: A Comprehensive Guide
- 4 Halal Korean BBQ Sydney: The Best Delicious Options
- 5 Best Hotpot in Sydney
- 5 Best Tiramisu in Sydney
- 5 Best Yogurt in Sydney
- 4 Best Halal Sushi Sydney
Popular Types of Waffles
Some of the most popular sweet waffle variants include:
- Liege waffles: These are the densest and sweetest type of waffle. They are made with a dough that contains pearl sugar, which caramelizes on the outside when cooked.
- Belgian waffles: A fluffy and light waffle, usually served with fruit or whipped cream.
- American waffles: A type of waffle that is usually lighter and fluffier than Belgian waffles.
- Stuffed waffles: These are waffles that have a filling, such as chocolate, fruit, or cream.
- Bubble waffles: A type of waffle that is made with a batter that contains eggs, sugar, and flour. The batter is put into a special mold which gives the waffle its signature bubble-like shape.
Some of the most popular savory waffle variants include:
- Bacon and egg waffles: A waffle with bacon and egg as the filling.
- Chicken and waffles: A popular dish in the United States, it consists of fried chicken served on top of a waffle.
- Cheese and herb waffles: A savory waffle with cheese and herbs as the main flavors.
- Vegetarian waffles: Waffles that are made without meat or poultry, usually with vegetables as the main ingredient.
- Vegan waffles: Waffles that are made without any animal products, including eggs and dairy.
Sydney is a city full of delicious food options, but if you’re looking for the best waffles in town, you need to check out these spots.
From sweet and classic waffles to savory and innovative options, we’ve got you covered.
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start trying some of Sydney’s best waffles!