Waffles and chicken are two foods that go together like peanut butter and jelly. And if you want to make them taste even better, then you should serve them with a delicious sauce.
What are Waffles and Chicken?
Waffles and Chicken is a dish made of waffles and fried chicken. Waffles are pancakes made with flour and eggs. Fried chicken is chicken that is cooked in oil. The combination of these two dishes makes for an amazing meal!
Here are some sauces that you can use to make your waffles and chicken taste amazing.
1) Honey Mustard Sauce: This is one of the most popular sauces for both waffle and chicken dishes. It’s also very easy to prepare. All you need to do is mix honey mustard dressing in a bowl until it becomes thick enough so that you don’t have to add any oil or water. You can either eat this on its own as an appetizer or dip your bread into it before eating.
2) Maple Syrup Dressing: If you love maple syrup but hate how sweet it tastes when used alone, then try using it in combination with other ingredients such as mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, etc. Mix all these things well and you will get a nice creamy dressing that goes great with waffles and chicken.
3) Blue Cheese Dressing: For those who aren’t fond of mayo-based dressings, here’s another option. The best thing about blue cheese dressing is that it doesn’t require much preparation time. Just combine crumbled blue cheese with vinegar and olive oil and you’re good to go!
4) Ranch Dressing: There are many different types of ranch salad dressings available out there; however, I prefer making my own because they tend to be healthier than store-bought ones. To create a homemade version, just whisk yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese together.
5) Buttermilk Dipping Sauce: Another simple dipping sauce that works well with waffles and chicken is buttermilk. Combine equal parts buttermilk and ketchup and let it sit overnight. Then, stir again the next day and enjoy!
6) Avocado Salsa: When it comes to salsa, avocados always stand out from the rest. They not only look beautiful but also taste incredible.
7) Guacamole Dip: A lot of people think that guacamole needs to be served cold, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. Guacamole tastes way more flavorful hot rather than being chilled down. So, why wait? Make yourself a batch right now by combining mashed avocado with lime juice, minced onion, cilantro, jalapeño peppers, salt, black pepper, and red chili flakes.
8) Creamy Horseradish Sauce: One of the easiest ways to spice up plain old grilled chicken breasts is by adding horseradish sauce. Simply rub freshly grated horseradish over the surface of the meat and grill it until done.
9) Lemon Butter Sauce: Grilled fish fillets work perfectly with this lemony sauce. First, brush the top side of each piece of fish with melted butter mixed with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
10) Garlic Herb Oil with Hot Sauce: Chicken pieces marinated in this mixture become tender after cooking. Add fresh herbs along with crushed garlic cloves and extra virgin olive oil to give the dish flavor. Let it simmer for 10 minutes at medium heat.
11) Balsamic Glaze: Drizzle balsamic glaze onto roasted vegetables while they cook. Once the veggies are cooked through, remove them from the oven and drizzle the remaining balsamic glaze over them. Serve immediately.
12) Honey Mustard Sauce: This honey mustard sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in your refrigerator for future use. It pairs wonderfully with pork chops or even burgers.
13) Cucumber Dill Salad: You don’t need any special equipment to make cucumbers delicious. All you have to do is slice off their ends, wash thoroughly, pat dry, cut into cubes, toss with dill weed, add some salt and pepper, and voila – you’ve got an amazing summertime snack.
How to make Chicken & Waffles
Step 1 – Make the batter
In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and buttermilk. Whisk well to mix all ingredients. Cover and let sit overnight.
Step 2 – Cook chicken
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Remove pan from stovetop and place chicken breast skin down in hot butter. Allow chicken to brown for 3-4 minutes per side. Place chicken breasts in a 9×9 inch square glass baking dish. Bake until done. Set aside to cool slightly.
Step 3 – Assemble waffle
Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Pour about ¼ cup of batter into each section of the waffle maker. Close lid and bake 5-7 minutes. Repeat the process until all sections are filled.
Step 4 – Top waffles with chicken
Place one piece of chicken on top of each waffle. Sprinkle cheese evenly across both pieces of chicken. Return waffles to the waffle iron and closes the lid. Bake another minute or two. Cut waffles into squares and enjoy!
Tips for making perfect waffles
- Use fresh yeast dough. If using frozen dough, allow it to thaw completely before mixing.
- Mixing the wet and dry ingredients separately will ensure the proper distribution of liquid throughout the mixture.
- Add more than enough milk so that your batter can be poured easily. Too much milk may result in lumps in your finished products.
- Let the batter rest for 15 minutes after combining the wet and dry ingredients. This allows time for gluten development which helps create fluffier pancakes.
- Do not use too little oil. A small amount of oil ensures even cooking and prevents sticking.
- Be sure to grease the inside of your waffle iron properly.
10 flavorful food toppings we put on our chicken and waffles
1) Honey Butter – Spread honey butter onto warm waffles. Drizzle additional honey if desired.
2) Maple Syrup – Add maple syrup to warmed waffles. Serve immediately.
3) Blue Cheese Dressing – Mix blue cheese dressing in sour cream and spread onto warm waffles. Garnish with bacon bits.
4) Bacon Bits – Crumble-cooked bacon and sprinkle onto warm waffles.
5) Strawberry Sauce – Combine strawberries and jam sauce and drizzle over
6) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – Melt chocolate chips and add them to melted butter. Stir until smooth then pour over warm waffles. Top with sprinkles.
7) Cinnamon Sugar – Heat cinnamon sugar in the microwave for 30 seconds at medium power. Dip warm waffles in cinnamon sugar.
8) Banana Nutella – Mash banana slices with Nutella. Spoon onto heated waffles.
9) Peanut Butter – Spread peanut butter onto warm waffles and garnish with sliced bananas.
10) Lemon Curd – Beat lemon curd with powdered sugar. Slice lemons and dip warm waffles in lemon curd.
Chicken & Waffles is an easy recipe you’ll want to try again and again. It makes great breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, dessert…you name it! We hope you love this delicious recipe just like we do!
10 Sides For Chicken And Waffles
1) Creamy Coleslaw – Toss shredded cabbage with creamy coleslaw mix. Season with salt and pepper.
2) Roasted Broccoli With Parmesan Garlic Breadcrumbs – Cook broccoli rabe as directed above but omit the garlic powder. While still hot, toss with bread crumbs seasoned with parmesan, olive oil, and minced garlic.
3) Grilled Corn On The Cob – Grill corn directly on grill grate without husks. Remove from heat when kernels are slightly charred. Cool briefly before serving.
4) Baked Beans – Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place beans in a baking dish; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour or longer, stirring occasionally. Drain off any excess moisture.
5) Mashed Potatoes – Boil potatoes until tender. Peel skins and mash well. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6) Green Bean Casserole – Prepare green bean casserole according to package directions. Sprinkle each layer with grated mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
7) Potato Salad – Cut cold boiled potato into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl combine chopped celery, onion, dill pickle relish, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Fold in diced hard-cooked eggs. Chill several hours.
8) Macaroni & Cheese – Bring water to boil in a heavy pot. Slowly stir in macaroni noodles. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 9 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta thoroughly. Return to pan and set aside. Meanwhile, melt 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese on top of a double boiler. When completely melted remove from heat and whisk in 3/4 cup milk. Pour mixture back into a double boiler and cook 5 more minutes or until thickened. Add remaining ingredients. Mix gently. Serve immediately topped with dollops of sour cream. Garnish with paprika if desired.
9) Tomato Basil Soup – Puree tomatoes, basil leaves, and broth in blender or food processor. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Season soup with additional salt and pepper. If desired, thin out tomato puree by adding some vegetable stock or water.
10) Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Spears – Wrap bacon strips length-wise around spears. Secure ends with toothpicks. Arrange skewers on a rimmed sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Brush lightly with canola oil. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until crisp. Turn over and brush another side with oil. Continue cooking another 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly then transfer to a wire rack to drain.