Deakin Business School is one of Australia’s leading business schools that offer multi-faceted capabilities incorporating a blended learning environment, strong research competencies, and a strong industry focus.
Deakin Business School World Ranking is number 20 and number 2 in Australia (QS Online MBA Ranking 2021), and number 9 in Australia (QS WUR by subject 2022) in Business and Management Studies)
If you are thinking of doing a business degree, or are currently studying one, keep reading to learn more about the school’s rankings, the programs, and what makes it special.
Deakin Business School World Ranking
Deakin Graduate School of Business offers Deakin University’s major postgraduate business courses, including master’s degrees in Master of Business Administration, Master of Commerce, and Doctor of Business Administration.
In addition to these graduate degree programs, a range of graduate certificate and diploma courses are offered in marketing and international business areas.
Since 2008, the Graduate Management Association of Australia has awarded Deakin’s generalist MBA course 5 stars. The award places the school in the top rank for that year and every year since.
Deakin Business School is one of only 150 schools worldwide to hold AACSB and EQUIS accreditation.
It also holds an EPAS accreditation, which European Foundation awards for Management Development.
- #2 in Australia (QS Online MBA Ranking 2021)
- #20 in the World (QS Online MBA Ranking 2021)
- #9 in Australia (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022 – Business & Management Studies)
- #151-200 in the world (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022 – Business & Management Studies)
- #10 in Australia (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022 – Accounting & Finance)
- #101-150 in the world (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022 – Accounting & Finance)
- #11 in Australia (ARWU Global Ranking of Academic Subject 2021 – Business Administration)
- #201-300 in the world (ARWU Global Ranking of Academic Subject 2021 – Business Administration)
Deakin Online MBA
Deakin’s MBA has a five-star rating on the QS scale. It also holds an EPAS accreditation, which European Foundation awards for Management Development.
Deakin Business School is one of the best online providers in Australia, and it was ranked in the top 1% of business schools globally. As a major provider of flexible education, they offer unparalleled access to students.
The online MBA program has been running for over 30 years and is based on our innovative CloudDeakin platform, which offers students a rich, immersive learning experience.
Deakin University is a public university in Victoria, Australia.
Deakin University has five campuses: Burwood, Warrnambool, Geelong Waterfront, and Waurn Ponds in Victoria. The university delivers online courses through its Cloud Campus.
Deakin University is divided into four faculties, covering arts and education, business and law, health, and science. The University’s School of Law and the Deakin Business School fall under the Faculty of Business and Law.
Deakin has consistently maintained the highest undergraduate and postgraduate student satisfaction ratings among all Victorian universities every year since 2010.
- #16 in Australia (QS World University Ranking / QS WUR 2021)
- #275 in the world (QS World University Ranking / QS WUR 2021)
- #19 in Australia (Times Higher Education / THE 2021)
- #251 in the world (Times Higher Education / THE 2021)
- Top Australian University Under 50 (Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2020) – #26 in the world, #6 in Australia, dan #2 in Victoria
- Top rank MBA di Australia (5 rating star for MBA (International) in 2009, 2013, 2015)
Deakin Business School Online MBA Programs
Deakin’s online MBA program offers many specializations, electives, and masterclasses to accommodate your specific career path. Modular scheduling enables you to choose a specialization that suits your goals, which will provide more specialized skills in your desired area of work.
When applying for Deakin’s online MBA, you will be able to take advantage of the experience that both industry partners and professors bring with them.
To complete the course, students must complete a total of 12 credits worth of core units and 4 elective-level modules. They will also have to pass an all-day module that is not assigned any credit points.
- The Deakin Advantage: Leadership and Professional Development
- Strategy and Value Creation
- Financial Decision Making
- The Economic Environment
- Marketing, Positioning, and Consumers
- Business Processes and Technology
- Leading People in Organisations
- The Deakin Advantage: Capstone
4 credit points may be selected from:-
- Academic Research
- Artificial Intelligence for Business
- Arts and Cultural Industries
- Business Analytics
- Business Law
- Digital Transformation
- Event Management
- Financial Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- International Trade and Business
- Management Consulting
- Project Management
- Property and Real Estate
- Public Sector Studies
- Supply Chain Management
Compulsory 0-credit point module:
- Academic Integrity Module
- Academic requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and two years of relevant work experience*, or
- Graduate Certificate in a related discipline and three years of relevant work experience, or
- Graduate Diploma equivalent (professional pathways)
- Must be in a managerial or professional role with evidence of leading teams, including direct or indirect reports as a supervisor or manager.
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements.
The course duration is 1.5 years, full-time or part-time equivalent.
The estimated total cost is $53,454 for a Master of Business Administration (12 credit points), based on the 2021 fees.
Deakin Application Portal (Online Application)
Applications can be made directly to the University through the Deakin Application Portal.
For international students:
Choose your dream degree
Gather supporting documents
When you apply to Deakin, attaching all requested supporting documentation is essential. Otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Check for scholarships
Submit your application
You can submit your application directly through:
How to accept your offer
If your Deakin application is successful, you will receive a Letter of Offer. Then you are just a few steps away from joining us at Deakin! Learn about the acceptance process on our How to accept page.
Go to the Deakin Online MBA here.
The Best Online MBA in the World
This is the list of the Top 5 best online MBA programs in the world, according to QS Online MBA Rankings 2021.
- IE Business School – Madrid, Spain
- Imperial College Business School – London, UK
- Warwick Business School – Coventry, UK
- AGSM (UNSW) – Sydney, Australia
- Alliance Manchester Business School – Manchester, UK
Is Deakin University good for MBA?
The Deakin University’s online (distance) MBA was ranked in the world’s top 20 and the best in Australia– according to a prestigious international university ranking analyst, Quacquarelli Symonds. The QS Distance Online MBA Rankings for 2016 rate the world’s 30 strongest distance online programs.
Is Deakin a bad university?
Deakin is ranked in Australia’s top 10 universities, ranking 10th overall. Deakin excels in the teaching quality department, and it has a good reputation among academics throughout the world.
Is Deakin Business School good?
Deakin University’s Online MBA is ranked 20 in the world, 2nd in both Australia and Victoria. According to QS World Rankings, this makes it one of the best in the country.
Is MBA in demand in Australia?
The report states that the high salaries of Australian university MBA graduates are partly due to the strong demand for MBAs by multinational employers throughout Asia and the ability of Australian business schools to recruit and place Asian candidates.
See also: Griffith Online MBA: Graduate from One of the Best Online MBA in Australia.