Choosing an online MBA program is a difficult decision. It can be especially hard when you have to balance the cost of tuition with the quality of the school. If you’re looking for the best quality but cheapest online MBA in Australia, then this article is for you!
Choosing the best programs can be a daunting task. However, there are some key things to look for that will help you make your decision easier. These include faculty reputation, coursework, and accreditation.
This blog post is designed as a guide for people looking to find the best quality but cheapest online MBA in Australia that fits their needs. It has information about what makes up an excellent school as well as tips on how to save money while going back to school.
Why Choosing an Online MBA?
The world of business is always changing and evolving, so it’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest trends.
Nowadays, an MBA is essential for many careers in management and leadership as well as a way to advance your career. If you’re considering getting an online MBA but don’t want to spend too much money on tuition, then this post will help you pick the best quality option that fits your budget.
For many people around the world, getting a degree from one of these top 10 universities is their dream – whether they want to be a doctor or engineer, or lawyer. However, not everyone can afford such sky-high prices. Luckily there are some options out there that offer cheap yet high-quality degrees in Australia.
Why It Might Be the Solution For You?
With the recent economic recession and pandemic, many people have found themselves in a situation where they’re unable to afford their education. Online MBA’s are one of the best and most affordable ways to get an MBA degree through distance learning.
The quality of online MBA programs has increased dramatically in the last decade, and with more universities offering them, it’s no wonder that many people are choosing to educate themselves this way.
If you’re considering getting an MBA but can’t afford tuition at a brick-and-mortar university, there is still hope for your desired career. Several online MBA degrees fit the criteria and will be less expensive than traditional options.
How to Find It?
The best way to find an affordable online MBA degree is to do your research on what education you want, such as if it’s from a regionally accredited school or one from the top 20 universities in the world.
Once you’ve narrowed your search down to a few degrees, compare them side-by-side and make sure they’re all accredited by your country’s equivalent of an accreditation board.
Evaluate each school for their faculty reputation as well as coursework offered and what degree it can lead to. Choosing the best quality but cheapest online MBA in Australia that fits your needs is more than possible with this guide.
Top 5 the Best Quality But Cheapest Online MBA in Australia
Victoria Institute of Technology (VIT)
About VIT Online MBA
Victoria Institute of Technology (VIT)’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a post-graduate course at Australian Qualification Framework Level 9. It provides an opportunity for those wishing to become business leaders, with the M bA designed for professional people who want to expand their horizons in business.
- One of Australia’s most affordable online MBAs in Australia
- Top 30 most popular MBA program in Australia
The VIT MBA is a TEQSA approved Australian accredited and recognized course delivered by experienced, senior lecturers and industry experts.
Whether you decide to pursue a general MBA or one with industry specialization, VIT will ensure that the qualification you are completing is always industry-focused and relevant internationally. To cater to different learner’s individual needs, VIT offers four MBA distinctive specializations.
To attain the MBA qualification, students will need to obtain a total of 16 units (96 credit points) without recognition of prior learning (RPL), plus a total of 12 units (72 credit points) with RPL.
Tuition Fee or Cost
- For domestic students: A$16,000
- For international students: A$48,000
The total courses take 2 years (Full-time); 24 months of coursework.
- It is not necessary to have a Bachelors’s degree as a prerequisite if you have 5 years of relevant supervisory and managerial work experience. If you are not sure, contact us to see if your work experience is sufficient.
- For international students, an appropriate English Language proficiency level i.e. Academic IELTS band overall 6.5 and no individual band less than 6.0 OR equivalent. Or TOEFL iBT (overall score of 79 with no score less than 60) OR PTE Academic (overall score of 58 with no score less than 50)
Information on how to apply can be found here for domestic students and here for international students.
Official website: VIT MBA
Central Queensland University (CQU)
About CQU Online MBA (Leadership)
CQU’s MBA (Leadership) is a hyper-flexible and low-cost MBA that focuses on leadership in contemporary business environments. Intentionally lean from start to finish, content aligns with industry expectations and covers essential business functions with a focus on leadership in a contemporary business environment.
With no deadlines or assessment constraints to worry about, you can study and complete your degree in any way that’s best for you.
- Fully accredited degrees from a world-class university (Times Higher Education and Quacquarelli Symonds (QS Rankings) 2020).
The MBA (Leadership) is fully accredited by CQUniversity Australia as a postgraduate qualification following the requirements of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 9.
The MBA (Leadership) is comprised of 11 units: 10 standard and one Capstone. Each standard unit is designed to take 144 hours to complete, which equates to 12–18 months of full-time study for the full course.
Tuition Fee or Cost
- For domestic students: the full cost is $17 640. Individual units cost $1470 per unit (and $2940 for the final Capstone unit which is the equivalent of two units of study).
- For international students: A$18 936 for the complete course (11 units). This equates to A$1578 per regular unit and A$3156 for the final Capstone, which is equivalent to two units of study.
The program is a 1 years full-time, 5 years part-time coursework.
- A completed bachelor degree in any discipline from an Australian university or college, or equivalent, or
- A completed graduate certificate or graduate diploma from an Australian university or college, or equivalent, or
- A recognised diploma and two years relevant business experience, or
- Five years of relevant work or managerial experience.
This course is open for applications all year round allowing you to start your studies anytime. Apply online HERE.
Official website: CQU Online MBA (Leadership)
University of Newcastle (UoN)
About UoN Online MBA
The University of Newcastle Online MBA is designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills, and tools for preparing you for a business career in various sectors.
The program features a grounding in fundamentals such as accounting, organizational behavior, and marketing.
- Top 200 university in the world (QS World University Rankings 2020
- Top 200 in the world – Management (Shanghai Rankings – Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2020)
The University of Newcastle Business School is accredited with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
The program consists of twelve courses (120 units). Students are required to complete the following to meet the requirements of the program:
- Six core courses (60 units), and
- Either six courses from the directed courses (60 units), or
- At least four courses (40 units) from a specialisation, plus two courses (20 units) of directed course work.
Tuition Fee or Cost
- For domestic students: A$23,435
- For international students: A$36,535
The program is 1.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent up to 5 years maximum coursework.
Direct entry into the Master’s Program (120 units) will be available to applicants who have:
- 4 year Bachelors (Honours) Degree, or
- 3 year Bachelors Degree in a related field such as accounting, business, commerce, economics, finance, human resource management, industrial relations, management, marketing, or
- 3 year Bachelors Degree not in a related field + 1 year relevant organisational experience, or
- At least 7 years relevant organisational experience, including 2 years in a management position.
- Domestic: online application form
- International: International Application System.
Official website: UoN Online MBA
Australian Institute of Management (AIM)
About AIM Online MBA+
The AIM Online MBA+ was designed for the working professional that hopes to achieve their goals.
AIM’s game-changing MBA+ will equip you to excel in today’s evolving landscape. The program combines AIM’s accredited MBA with a wealth of added value, including the Gold Card.
The Australian Institute of Management is TEQSA accredited MBA+.
The program is a 12 units coursework with a practical assessment focus that is exam-free.
- Corporate Strategy and Responsibility (Capstone Unit)°
- Plus, select three electives of your choice or;
- Select a subject focus area with the MBA-Focus option in the field of Human Resource Management, Change Management, Entrepreneurship and Consultancy.
Tuition Fee or Cost
- For domestic students: A$32,400 ($2,700 per unit)
The duration of the program is from 12 months full-time or 2 years studying part-time coursework.
To qualify for direct entry into the MBA, you will require one of the following:
- Bachelor degree and two (2) years’ relevant management experience or;
Alternatively, for managers who do not have a completed undergraduate degree, you can enter the MBA+ by starting at the Graduate Certificate of Management with:
- Diploma or Advanced Diploma and three (3) years’ management experience or;
- No formal tertiary qualification but five years’ (5) relevant management experience.
Fill out and submit the application form.
Official website: AIM Online MBA+
Chifley Business School by Torrens University
About Chifley Business School Online MBA
Chifley Business School is an independent college with over 31 years of experience. They offer one of the largest online MBA programs in the country and focus on business and management.
Chifley Business School became part of Torrens University Australia in 2015, combining their international teaching experience with the latter’s flexible and modern approach to education to give students the best possible advantage.
- Top 20 Online MBA providers globally.
- Top 10 value for money by the Australian Financial Review’s MBA boss ranking in 2011, 2013 and 2014, and ranked as a Tier 1 MBS provider globally.
- Top 30 globally by CEO Magazine.
To achieve an MBA you will need to complete eight core and four elective subjects. The core units include:
- Dynamic Leadership
- Business Decisions Analytics
- Financial Management
- Management, People and Teams
- Strategic Management
- Systems Thinking
- Business Capstone
Tuition Fee or Cost
- For domestic students: A$32,700
- For international students: A$36,900
The program is 1.5 years of full-time coursework. part-time options available, 1 year accelerated.
- Applicants must have a Cognate Bachelor Degree (AQF7) or above in any discipline from an Australian institution or a recognised equivalent qualification and three years of relevant work experience.
- Alternatively, applicants can have a Graduate Certificate of Business Administration from Torrens University Australia, or from another institution if deemed equivalent.
- To gain entry into courses at Torrens University Australia, domestic and international applicants must satisfy the University’s English Language Requirements.
- International students interested in studying an MBA at Torrens will be considered on an individual basis, but must satisfy International English Language Testing System (IELTS) requirements.
It’s easy! Apply online HERE or contact us and we can help on 1300 575 803.
Official website: Chifley Business School Online MBA
See also: Top 10 Best MBA in Australia 2021 (Full-time MBA Programs) – QS Global MBA Rankings 202