Considering getting your MBA online? If so, the University of Newcastle in Australia is a great option. UoN MBA offers one of the most affordable and quality online MBAs in the country.
With small class sizes and experienced professors, you’ll get everything you need to complete your degree while never leaving your home office. Check out UoN today!
The University of Newcastle (UoN)
The University of Newcastle (UON), informally known as Newcastle University, is an Australian public institution with roots dating to 1965.
The university has a main campus in Callaghan, Newcastle, New South Wales.
The institution also has campuses in Ourimbah, Port Macquarie, Singapore, Newcastle CBD, and Sydney CBD.
The University of Newcastle is a member of Universities Australia and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
UNSW Sydney is ranked 12th in Australia and 197th in the world in the QS World University Ranking 2022.
Newcastle Business School
The Newcastle Business School is the University of Newcastle’s center for undergraduate, postgraduate, and community business education.
They focus on student-centered, research-driven teaching to develop the skills and attributes needed to sustain a successful career based on life-long learning.
The Newcastle Business School offers unique opportunities to become a skilled professional and enlightened citizen by encountering new ideas, establishing new networks, and identifying future opportunities.
Students are encouraged to take advantage of their Work Ready opportunities and overseas experiences.
UoN MBA curriculum is designed to help you achieve your goals. It comprises six basic courses in the basics of contemporary management, including money, markets, people, and the most up-to-date management knowledge.
Advanced core courses in leadership, strategic management, and corporate governance give crucial insights into the workings of modern businesses.
With flexible modes of delivery, you can choose to study either face-to-face, entirely online, or a combination of both.
In addition to the core courses, you will have the choice to specialize in one of the following areas:
- Human Resource Management
- Applied Finance
- International Business
- Health Services Management
Alternatively, students can create their course program, selecting their preferred areas of study from a broad selection of directed courses
- #17 in Australia and #201-250 in Business and Management Studies (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021)
- World Top 200 – Management (Shanghai Rankings – Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2020)
- Top 5 in Australia – Business Administration (Shanghai Rankings – Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2020)
- World Top 150 – Business Administration (Shanghai Rankings – Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2020)
- World Top 175 – Business and Economics (Times Higher Education (THE) Subject Rankings 2021)
The Newcastle Business School is accredited with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), earned by fewer than 5% of the world’s business programs.
AACSB is the premier and longest-standing international accrediting body for business programs and is the international benchmark for excellence in business education.
Programs and Courses
UoN Online MBA is one of Australia’s most flexible MBA programs, with the options of 100% online or face-to-face mode of delivery. Complete your studies in as little as 18 months.
- Duration: 1.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent up to 5 years maximum.
- Mode of Delivery: Face to Face, Online
- Intake: Trimester 1, 2, and 3
- Units: 120 units
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program consists of twelve courses (120 units). Students are required to complete the following to meet the requirements of the program:
- six core courses (60 units) AND
- either six courses from the directed courses (60 units) OR
- at least four courses (40 units) from a specialisation plus two courses (20 units) of directed courses.
The six core courses are:
- Organisational Behaviour and Design
- Marketing Management and Planning
- Strategic Management
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
- Leadership in Contemporary Organisations
Tuition Fee or Cost
For international students: AUD39,925 (indicative, annual fee, 2021)
The MBA (Global) program develops these critical capabilities through an innovative and rigorous curriculum, expert and highly engaged staff, and an active, problem-based approach to learning that develops confidence and work readiness.
- Duration: 2 years full-time.
- Mode of Delivery: Face to Face
- Intake: Trimester 1 and 3
- Units: 160 units
The Master of Business Administration (Global) is an AQF Level 9 coursework Master program of 160 units.
Students are required to complete 100 units of core courses, 10 units of core directed courses, and 50 units of directed courses. All courses are 10 units.
The MBA (Global) program will be taught over two years, comprising four main teaching terms, with some additional teaching occurring in summer and winter terms as required.
The ten core courses are:
- Globalisation and Business
- International Accounting
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
- Leading and Managing People
- Twenty First Century Marketing Management
- Global Financial Management
- Managing Across Cultures
- Macroeconomics for Managers
- Competitive Dynamics and Global Strategy
- International Study Tour
Tuition Fee or Cost
For international students: AUD32,980 (indicative, annual fee, 2021)
The Executive MBA is a practice-oriented graduate business degree designed for experienced employees wishing to learn alongside like-minded people to advance leadership, business, and management skills.
You will typically be a team leader or a mid to high-level manager seeking to broaden your knowledge base and skillsets and take your career to the next level.
This program is only available for domestic students.
- Duration: 1 year full-time.
- Mode of Delivery: Face to Face
- Intake: Trimester 1 and 2
- Units: 80 units
The Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) program requires students to complete 80 units of Core courses (8 x 10 unit courses).
The eight-core courses are:
- Mindful Leadership
- Sustainable Organisational Change
- Enterprise Strategy for Global Uncertainty
- Innovation Management and Design
- Strategic Financial Management
- Project Design and Implementation
- Tools, Techniques, and Transitions in a Digitally Changing Environment
- Executive Consulting for Managers and Leaders
Women In MBA (WiMBA) Scholarship
The WiMBA initiative is designed to correct the gender imbalance in education by providing scholarships to female students in conjunction with major businesses.
WiMBA specializes in developing female leaders by providing the skills and strategic vision to get women into senior management and executive roles.
Female students undertaking the WiMBA Scholarship for the Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) program are expected to complete all classes at the University of Newcastle Sydney Precinct.
The UON and the industry partner will pay 25% of the cost of an MBA program, and the student will pay the remaining 50% of the MBA Program.
Official website: UoN Online MBA