Do you love the taste of quiche but don’t have time to make it from scratch? If so, then your life just got a lot easier. You can now cook frozen mini quiches in an air fryer.
How to cook frozen mini quiche in air fryer?
To cook frozen mini quiche, you need to set the temperature between 360 and 400 degrees Fahrenheit (180-200 Celsius). Set the timer for about 12 minutes or until it’s fully cooked. Let frozen quiches warm-up for about 30 minutes before serving.
This article will show you how to use your air fryer and give some tips for making delicious frozen mini quiches.
About Mini Quiche
What is quiche?
Quiche is an egg and milk custard that’s filled with all sorts of goodness. It can be made using vegetables, cheese, or meat as the main filling ingredients.
The delicious quiche can be cooked in a large pie pan or individual ramekins. They’re typically baked and served hot, although some recipes call for cooking the quiche at room temperature before serving it cold out of the refrigerator. Those are best eaten within 24 hours.
Quiche is one of those dishes that adapts well to many variations. It’s a great recipe to have in your kitchen arsenal.
What is mini quiche?
Mini quiches are simply individual servings of the full-size baked egg dish. They’re usually made in special pie pans or ramekins that have small, removable bottoms so they can be pushed out easily once cooked.
They can be served either hot or cold depending on your preference. Either way, mini quiche is a popular party appetizer and welcome addition to any brunch buffet or special occasions.
When and where did quiche originate?
Quiche originated in ancient Greece, although it was most likely influenced by the Roman Empire. Over time quiche migrated to France where it became popular with pastry chefs – which is why many people refer to this dish as a “French pie”.
Quiche is now enjoyed all over the world, especially in Europe and North America. It’s become a popular breakfast dish because it can be filled with lots of healthy ingredients like vegetables and protein, making it an ideal choice for this mealtime.
What is the difference between a quiche and a savory tart?
A quiche is made using a custard base (egg and milk) and often has vegetables or cheese as the main ingredient.
A savory tart, on the other hand, typically uses pastry dough instead of a pie crust and may or may not use eggs to thicken its filling as quiche does.
Savory tarts also tend to be larger than mini quiches.
What are the most popular different quiche fillings and recipes?
Quiches come in many varieties and flavors. This quiche filling includes:
- quiche lorraine (the most popular quiche): ham and cheese quiche
- quiche florentine
- quiche au Fromage: cheese only
- quiche aux champignons et noix de st jacques: mushroom, scallop, leek, and cream tart with pinenuts.
- bacon, leek, and gruyere cheese;
- spinach feta artichoke;
- sun-dried tomato pesto goat cheese;
- ham broccoli cheddar cheese;
- roasted red pepper fontina with crispy prosciutto.
All of the above are delicious recipes that will make your mouth water.
Where to buy frozen quiche and mini quiche?
Frozen mini quiche can be found in most grocery stores, especially around the holidays. The brand you choose will depend on your dietary preferences and needs.
For example, some brands may contain gluten while others do not; it’s best to check with each label before purchasing a frozen mini quiche product.
You should also keep an eye out for quiches that contain meat if you’re a vegetarian or vegan.
How Do You Cook Frozen Mini Quiche?
What’s in mini quiche?
What’s in mini quiche? Here are what Classic Florentine Mini Quiches have in them.
Filling: Milk, egg, low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese (cultured milk, salt, calcium chloride, enzyme), feta cheese (milk, milk protein concentrate, salt, calcium chloride, enzyme, lactic acid, bacterial culture, cellulose), spinach, onion, modified corn starch & corn starch, whey protein concentrate, garlic, dehydrated spinach, salt, flavor (yeast extract, salt, flavors).
Pastry: enriched flour (wheat flour, amylase, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), modified palm and canola oil shortening, water, sunflower and/or soy lecithin, dextrose, salt, yeast, enzyme.
Serving size: 4 pieces (81g)
% Daily Nutrition Value*
- Total Fat 16g 21%
- Saturated Fat 7g 35%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 60mg 20%
- Sodium 390mg 17%
- Total Carbohydrate 21g 8%
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Total Sugars 2g
- Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%
- Protein 8g
- Vitamin D 0mcg 0%
- Calcium 110mg 8%
- Iron 1,5mg 8%
- Potassium 140mg 2%
How do you usually cook frozen mini quiche?
There are several ways of cooking frozen mini quiches. You can bake them in your kitchen gadgets, whether it is in the oven, thaw, and heat them in the microwave.
Or use your air fryer instead to get that delicious hot pastry crust without heating up your kitchen with an oven.
How to cook frozen mini quiche in the oven?
- If you’re cooking frozen mini quiche in the oven, be sure to use a well-greased baking tray or pan.
- Place your pastry shell on top of parchment paper and fill it with pie weights to ensure that it doesn’t collapse while cooking. If you don’t have pie weights, dried beans can do the trick as well.
- After you bake the mini quiches, use a knife or toothpick to prick any bubbles that may have formed during baking; then let them cool completely before gently removing them from the dish/pan with an offset spatula.
- If you’re using your oven for this recipe, preheat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 Celsius) and bake the quiches for 20-25 minutes.
How to cook frozen mini quiche in a microwave?
- If you’re cooking your frozen mini quiche in the microwave, be sure to use a well-greased microwave-safe plate or container that can handle high temperatures safely (such as Pyrex).
- Place the mini quiches in a dish and cover with plastic or wax paper to prevent splatter. You can place them on top of parchment paper as well if you want.
- Cook your frozen quiche at 50% power for approximately 60 seconds, checking every 30 seconds until warm inside but not hot outside. The pastry should be crispy on the outside and soft inside.
How to cook frozen mini quiche in the toaster oven?
- Most mini quiches can be cooked in a toaster oven. Preheat your toaster oven and place the frozen quiche inside on a small rack or pan with aluminum foil underneath it so that you don’t have any burnt cheese goo stuck onto the pans later. Be sure not to overcrowd your tray of 12-24 miniature quiches.
- For the first couple minutes, watch them closely so they don’t burn. If your pastry shell is browning too quickly before the inside has time to heat through completely, simply cover loosely with aluminum foil or a small sheet of parchment paper for the remaining cooking time.
- Cook at 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 Celsius) until the mini quiches are heated all the way through and have a nice golden brown exterior.
What to serve with mini quiche?
Mini quiche makes a wonderful appetizer or even breakfast item. It’s also perfectly served with salad, soup, and other side dishes for lunch or dinner.
If you’re having them as your main dish, simply pair it up with a fresh fruit salad for something healthy without sacrificing flavor at all! For salads in particular, try using a creamy dressing like ranch or caesar to really complement the flavor of mini quiche.
Air Fryer Frozen Mini Quiche
Can you heat quiche in an air fryer?
Certainly, an air fryer can be used to cook a quiche from frozen or from the refrigerator section of the grocery store.
If you’re using your air fryer recipes to heat up a frozen mini quiche, first be sure that it is fully thawed. Place the pastry shell on top of parchment paper and fill it with pie weights or dried beans so that it doesn’t collapse while cooking.
Refrigerated quiche should be cooked for about 8 to 12 minutes, just until warmed through.
Why do you cook frozen mini quiche in an air fryer?
Heating up a frozen mini quiche in an air fryer is the healthier alternative to heating it up in the oven. You can avoid unnecessary fat and oil from soaking into your pastry shell, plus you won’t have to heat up your kitchen with over for hours on end!
Cooking times will vary according to how many mini quiches you’re cooking and the type of air fryer that you have.
Tips for cooking frozen quiche in the air fryer
- Reheating single layer cooking frozen quiches in air fryer basket
- There is no need to thaw the frozen mini quiches first. Just add them to the preheated air fryer.
- You also don’t need to spray the frozen quiche with any oil before cooking time.
- Make sure to not overcrowd your air fryer when making frozen mini quiches. Also, make sure that they are fully heated and reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (this can vary by type of quiche and brand).
- Make sure to keep an eye on the mini quiches towards the end since you don’t want the crust to burn.
How to Cook Frozen Mini Quiche in Air Fryer?
There are a couple of ways you can cook frozen mini quiches in the air fryer. One way is to put them on top of the wire mesh basket and fit it inside the unit.
The other option is to place them at the base or bottom part where there’s an opening for it to stand upright, especially if your air fryer has a rotating basket.
Temperature and cooking time
For Regular Sized Quiche:
The time is about 15 to 20 minutes, at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
For Mini Sized Quiche:
The time is about 8 to 10 minutes, at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Cooking frozen quiche in air fryer
- Frozen mini quiches or regular size quiches or individual slices of quiche
- Arrange a single layer of frozen quiches on top of parchment paper in the air fryer basket.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 Celsius) for regular-sized mini quiche or 330 degrees F (165 Celsius) for mini size. The cooking time is about 15-20 minutes at regular size and about 11-14 minutes at the mini size.
- You can also place them in the air fryer without using a baking sheet, however, it is recommended to apply cooking spray on top of quiches before cooking if you choose this method.
- Don’t overcrowd your air fryer tray with frozen mini quiche because they may not cook evenly or thoroughly for that matter. Make sure that they are fully heated and reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Keep watching the quiches towards the end since you don’t want them to burn! But if they do get a little overcooked, simply cut off any burned edges once cooled down enough to touch.
- Before serving the delicious dishes, let your mini quiche rest for several minutes to allow the filling to set.
What are some tips for cooking frozen mini quiches?
Here are a few suggestions that will help you cook frozen mini quiche successfully:
- If you do not have mini quiches, you may prefer to go small with the quiche slices as they are quicker to reheat. Chop your quiche into tapas portions for your reheat rather than traditional quiche slices.
- Reheat your quiche in the air fryer over aluminum foil. It will stop your air fryer from getting dirty and you are not losing the delicious cheese and you can even eat your quiche from the foil.
- Cooking times will vary from recipe to recipe. Check the instructions carefully before popping your frozen mini quiches in the oven or air fryer.
- You can cook as many as you want at a time depending on the size of your pan and how much space is available between each one. For example, if you’re using a 12-cup muffin pan, then cooking only six quiches at the same time is best because they will be too close together if you try to cook more.
- Don’t overcook your mini quiche – otherwise, it may become rubbery or tough instead of creamy and flaky as expected.
- Cook on medium heat in the air fryer. For frozen mini quiche, bake at 350 F or 170 C until the center is firm and golden brown on top.
- Always let your mini quiches cool before serving them to others as they can be very hot inside even after cooking for a short time in an air fryer.
Storage and Reheat Tips
Are you supposed to refrigerate quiche?
Because quiche is mostly egg content, it should be refrigerated as soon after it has been cooked as possible. It’s best to chill the warm quiche within two hours of preparing it, according to the USDA.
Quiche is safe to eat when kept refrigerated for no longer than 2 hours.
How long do frozen mini quiches last?
Unopened, frozen mini quiches can be stored for up to three months. However, you should use the same guidelines as with regular eggs and milk products – if it smells off or looks strange after opening, then do not eat it.
Can I freeze cooked mini quiche?
Yes, leftover mini quiche can be frozen for up to three months after it has been cooked. Wrap the leftover quiche tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, or place it in an airtight container before putting it in your freezer.
How do you reheat mini quiches?
Reheating refrigerated or frozen mini quiche is easy! You can either heat them up in the oven or microwave them.
If you’re reheating refrigerated mini quiche, bake it at 350 F for 25 minutes, and then let cool slightly before serving with a green salad or soup.
Frozen mini quiches can be heated up in either an air fryer (350 degrees Fahrenheit) or your oven (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Let frozen quiches warm-up for about 30 minutes before serving.
How long do you cook frozen mini quiches in an air fryer?
Cooking times will vary from recipe to recipe, and also depend on the air fryer models. Check the instructions carefully before popping your frozen mini quiches in the oven or air fryer.
How do I cook a frozen mini quiche?
There are several ways of cooking frozen mini quiches. You can bake them in the oven, thaw, and heat them in the microwave. Or you can also use an air fryer.
Can you heat quiche in an air fryer?
Yes, you can reheat a frozen quiche in the air fryer. Just place it on aluminum foil or parchment paper so that your machine does not get dirty and throw away all of those delicious ingredients!
Can you cook frozen pastries in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen pastries in an air fryer. Just place it on aluminum foil so that your machine does not get dirty and throw away all of those delicious ingredients!