Jimmy Dean, breakfast sandwich products are frozen sandwich products that have been around for decades, but it’s only recently become popular again.
With the popularity of cooking using air fryers nowadays, many people want to know how to cook Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches in air fryers.
Cooking Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches in the air fryer is easy and practical. The result is a nice outside texture to the cooked interior and melted cheese. All you need to do is take apart the sandwich, put the parts in the air fryer, reassemble, and then reheat again in the air fryer.
In this post, we will show you step-by-step how to make your own homemade version of Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches in an air fryer at home.
About Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwich
What is Jimmy Dean?
Jimmy Dean Foods was founded by country singer and actor Jimmy Dean in 1969. It was acquired by Sara Lee and later sold to Tyson Foods.
Several of its well-known products include frozen breakfast sandwiches, breakfast sausages, burritos, omelets, sausages, biscuit roll-ups, pancakes, and many more.
Types of Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwich
There are at least 20 types of frozen breakfast sandwiches from Jimmy Dean. So you can choose which one you like. They even have plant-based sandwich options.
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches
- Delights Turkey Sausage, Egg White & Cheese English Muffin
- Delights Canadian Bacon, Egg White & Cheese Honey Wheat English Muffin
- Maple Sausage Biscuit Snack Size Sandwiches
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwiches
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwiches
- Canadian Bacon, Whole Cracked Egg & Cheese Muffin Sandwiches
- Delights Applewood Smoke Chicken Sausage, Egg Whites & Cheese Muffin Sandwiches
- Maple Pancake & Sausage Snack Size Sandwiches
- Sausage Biscuit Snack Size Sandwiches
- Southern Style Chicken Biscuit Snack Size Sandwiches
- Delights Turkey Sausage, Egg & Cheese Honey Wheat Flatbread
- Delights Turkey Sausage, Egg White & Cheese Croissant
- Meat Lovers Muffin Sandwiches
- Sausage Biscuit Sandwiches
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Muffin Sandwiches
- Southern Style Chicken Biscuit Sandwiches
- Plant-Based Patty, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwiches
- Delights Plant-Based Patty, Spinach & Egg White Sandwich
As illustrations for the ingredients of these frozen breakfast sandwiches, we will use the most popular variant: Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwich.
The ingredients include:
- Croissant: Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Contains Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, And Folic Acid), Water, Vegetable Oil (Palm, Soybean), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Yeast, Contains 2% Or Less: Isolated Soy Product, Eggs, Salt, Whey, Preservatives (Calcium Propionate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate), Mono And Diglycerides, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Soy Lecithin.
- Fully Cooked Pork And Chicken Sausage Patty: Pork, Mechanically Separated Chicken, Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Contains 2% Or Less: Salt, Pork Stock, Spices, Dextrose, Sodium Phosphates, Sugar, Monosodium Glutamate, Citric Acid, Flavor, Caramel Color.
- Grilled Egg Patty: Whole Eggs, Nonfat Milk, Soybean Oil, Modified Corn Starch, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Natural And Artificial Butter Flavor (Soybean Oil, Butter, Lipolyzed Butter Oil, And Natural And Artificial Flavors), Citric Acid, Soy Lecithin (Release Agent).
- Pasteurized Process American Cheese: Milk, Water, Cream, Contains 2% Or Less Of Cheese Culture, Citric Acid, Color Added, Enzymes, Potassium Citrate, Salt, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Soy Lecithin, Tetrasodium
- Contains: Eggs, Milk, Soy, Wheat
Nutritional info for Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwich (as variant sample)
- Total Fat 26g33%
- Saturated Fat 10g50%
- Cholesterol 120mg40%
- Sodium 610mg27%
- Total Carbohydrate 29g11%
- Dietary Fiber 2g7%
- Total Sugars 5g.
- Protein 13g.
How Do You Usually Cook Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwich?
Commonly, the methods used for cooking the breakfast sandwich are by using a microwave or oven.
Cooking using Microwave
- Remove from wrapper. Wrap sandwiches in a paper towel.
- Microwave on defrost (30% power) for 1 minute 30 seconds or until thawed.
- Turn the sandwich over, and microwave on HIGH for 50 seconds or until hot. (For compact microwave ovens lower than 850 watts, add 10-20 seconds, if needed.)
- Let stand in the microwave for 1 minute before serving.
- Remove from wrapper. Wrap in a paper towel.
- Microwave on HIGH for 50 seconds or until hot. (For compact microwave ovens lower than 850 watts, add 5-10 seconds, if needed.)
- Let stand in microwave for 1 minute before serving.
Cooking using Oven
- Thaw the sandwich completely.
- Separate in half between the sausage and egg.
- Wrap in foil. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes or until hot. Caution: The product will be hot. Enjoy!
Why Should You Cook Breakfast Sandwich in Air Fryer?
Benefits of Using Air Fryer
Cooking with an air fryer has many benefits over other methods, such as microwaves and conventional ovens. The main advantage is that it cooks food faster than any other method. This means you can cook more meals at once without waiting for each meal to finish.
Another great thing about this appliance is that there’s no mess when preparing your food because all the grease drips into the container, where it collects until you remove it from the machine.
Another reason why people love air frying their food because they don’t have to worry about burning themselves while heating their food.
There’s also less risk of overcooking your food since the temperature remains constant throughout the process.
Cooking Frozen Breakfast Sandwich in Air Fryer
The air fryer is great for reheated breakfast sandwiches. They turn out great with a lovely outside texture to the cooked interior and melted cheese. Breakfast pastries are a great way to start.
The cooking time is super quick and easy. Air fryers are great for making crispy foods when reheated.
How to Cook Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwich in Air Fryer?
Total cook time: 10 minutes
- Take the sandwich out of its plastic container.
- Separate the breakfast sandwich in half, and take the sandwich apart.
- Take the sausage patty from the sandwich and place it on the basket.
- Take the bottom bread and place it white on a separate basket area.
- Take the egg and if the cheese is stuck to it, place it cheese side up. Or just set the egg in a separate area of the basket.
- Take the top bread and if the cheese is stuck to it, place it cheese side up. Or set the white bread side down on a separate basket area.
- Flip the filling so the cheese lays against the bread (because it will blow off if it is on top).
- You may spray with cooking spray to have golden shiny color.
- Air Fry at 340°F/170°C for 6-8 minutes.
- Reassemble the breakfast sandwich. Continue to Air Fry at 340°F/170°C for another 2-3 minutes or until the bread is golden.
- No oil is required. Don’t thaw first; cook frozen.
- A non-preheat air fryer is used to derive the recipe timing. The next batches may cook quicker if you cook in multiple batches of sandwiches.
- The recipes were tested in 6 qt. Air fryers. They will cook quicker if they use a larger air fryer.
- To cook the sandwich through the middle, you’ll need to start by cooking the sandwich opened up in half and then finish the last couple of minutes assembled.
- For best and even cooking, don’t cook too many at once and overcrowd the basket. Once you cook your first sandwich, you’ll know more about what works for your model of air fryer and the size of the food.
How do you cook a Jimmy Dean frozen breakfast sandwich?
Commonly, the methods used for cooking Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches are using a microwave or oven.
How do you air fry Jimmy Dean?
The sandwich must be prepared at a temperature of 350 F for 7 minutes. Depending on the level of heating you desire. Don’t forget to enjoy it!
How do you cook frozen croissants in Airfryer?
You can make them fresh, but I prefer making them frozen because they’re easier to handle when you’re trying to get them into the air fryer. You should defrost them overnight in the refrigerator. Then put them back in the freezer again after removing them from the fridge. This helps keep them soft and pliable.
Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
The simple answer is yes, that’s the good news. The air fryer can be used with aluminum foil. Before adding tin foil to your air fryer, check your owner’s manual for specific directions.
This pick isn’t a good one because of the high sodium and saturated fat content. It has 10 grams of saturated fat, about 50 percent of your daily amount.
Can I reheat a sandwich in the air fryer?
The recommended temperature varies between 250ºF and 375ºF, and the reheating time varies between 2 to 7 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the sandwich.
Some sources recommend brushing the sandwich with oil or butter before reheating, while others suggest using a parchment paper liner in the air fryer basket.