Quail is a type of bird that has been around for centuries. This tasty little dish can be prepared in an Air Fryer with ease! Quails are a healthy and low-fat alternative to meat, making them ideal for people who want to eat less red meat.
How to cook quail in air fryer? It is very simple and quick. Just rinse the quails with cold water and pat dry, coat with oil or butter, and cook them in the air fryer until golden brown and crispy.
Before air frying your quails, you need to know more about quails and how people usually cook them. In this blog post, we will show you what makes quails delicious and how to cook quail in the air fryer using minimal ingredients.
What is Quail?
Quail is a small, mild-tasting bird that is part of the pheasant family. In some countries, they are known as “doves” or “pigeons.” If you’re looking for an alternative to chicken and turkey, quails might be perfect! Not only are they high in protein, but also low in fat.
Quail eggs can be used in baking treats like cupcakes! In addition, quails lay between 12-24 eggs per year which makes them quite efficient to raise.
Is Quail Healthy?
Quails are a great source of protein, offering about 30% more protein than chicken. They also have less fat and cholesterol compared to other meats such as beef or pork.
Quails have a delicious taste and texture that is similar to both chicken and turkey. This makes them ideal for people who enjoy tasting meat without too much guilt. Many health enthusiasts love quail because of its rich flavor! Quails can be prepared using the same cooking methods as chicken and turkey.
Why Eat Quail?
Quail is a lean dish that contains less than 100 calories per ounce. It can be prepared in the oven, on the grill, or even fried! Quails are often enjoyed as a delicacy because they have a mild and soft flavor. In addition to being tasty, quails also contain various nutrients such as Vitamin B12 and selenium which are important for health.
Where to Buy Quail?
Quails can be purchased at most grocery stores and markets. Many people choose to raise their own quail, but this isn’t always practical! Quails can also be found in specialty stores that sell exotic meat.
How Do You Usually Cook Quail?
There are many different ways to cook quail, but the most common methods include broiling, frying, or grilling. In this blog post, we will show you how to prepare a delicious meal using an air fryer!
Frying quail can take about 12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The skin should be crispy and golden brown when it’s ready. You will want to turn the pieces over halfway through cooking time.
To cook quails in an oven can take about 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. They should be turned over halfway through cooking.
To cook quails on the grill can take about 25 minutes at medium heat covered in foil. Quails are cooked when they have a golden brown color and appear crispy on the outside.
To prepare them for an open BBQ, it might take up to 30 minutes until done! If you want to cook quail in the oven, it can take about 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. They should be turned over halfway through cooking.
Why Do You Want to Cook Quail in Air Fryer?
Quail is delicious and healthy food that tastes great when it’s prepared in the air fryer. If you enjoy cooking quails but can never get them crispy enough on the outside, an Air Fryer might be perfect for your home.
Air fryers have a unique heating system that uses hot air to cook food. This makes it easy for quail to become crispy on the outside and moist inside.
On average, you can prepare up to one pound of chicken or quail in just 15 minutes using an Air Fryer. In addition, this cooking method is much healthier than frying or grilling because it uses less oil.
How to Cook Quail in Air Fryer?
There are many different ways that you can cook quails to enjoy a delicious bite. Most people like their quail cooked until the meat is soft and tender, but some prefer it crispy on the outside.
If you want your quails crispy, to cook quail in the air fryer, follow these steps:
- Rinse pieces under cold water. Pat them dry with a paper towel so they are completely dry on all sides.
- Coat each piece of quail lightly with olive oil or butter before placing it inside of the Air Fryer basket.
- Place the quail pieces in a single layer inside of the Air Fryer.
- Set your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Once finished, remove them from the basket carefully so they don’t break apart.
Recipes for Cooking Quails in an Air Fryer
Air Fryer Butter Quails (Cút Chiên Bơ) Recipe
Cút chiên bơ is a Vietnamese recipe for fried quails that are flavored with butter. This method of cooking can be used to prepare crispy on the outside and moist inside pieces of quail.
- 6 frozen quails
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 1/4 tsp of ground pepper
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce/seasoning such as Maggie
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- cooking oil/olive oil
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 bundle of watercress
- a handful of Vietnamese coriander (Rau Ram)
- salt and pepper
- a few lime wedges
- Quails: Clean the quails with salt and vinegar, rinse well with water, and then halve with a kitchen scissor
- Marinade: In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the marinade. Add the cleaned and halved quails and toss well. Let them marinate for about an hour or more.
- To cook the quails, put them into the Air Fryer. Rub the quails with cooking oil. Cook them for 12-14 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Flip the quails, then rub more oil. Cook them for a little longer. Then take them out of the Air Fryer and set them aside. If your Air Fryer is small, you might have to do this twice or more times.
- In a pan, melt 3 tbsp of butter and add 1 tbsp of garlic. When it smells good, add the quails and mix them in the pan.
- You can serve this dish over watercress and Vietnamese coriander (Rau Ram).
- The dipping sauce is a simple mixture of salt, ground pepper and lime juice.
Air Fried Quails with Five Spice & Butter (Chim Cút Nướng) Recipe
Fried quails are one of Vietnam’s many street food cheap eats. It is easy to find everywhere in Vietnam, and it is easy to make at home.
- 6 whole quails
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar Chinese Five Spice Powder Shaoxing cooking wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 ground black or white pepper
- Vegetables (optional)
- Vietnamese coriander/mint (rau ram)
- Quails: Cut the backbone so quails lay flat; rinse and pat dry
- Marinade: In a small bowl, put together oyster sauce, sugar, Chinese five-spice, cooking wine, ground black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Marinate the quails with the mixture for at least one hour. This will make them better.
- Before you air fry, make sure to coat the quail in melted butter.
- Make sure to spray your air fryer with cooking oil to stop it from sticking.
- Put the marinated quails into the air fryer basket. Set it to 400°F and cook for 20-30 minutes. Flip half way through.
- Put the quails onto a bed of lettuce or Vietnamese coriander/mint. For the dipping sauce, mix lemon, salt, and pepper (optional).
Tips for Cooking with the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Tips
Most of these dishes will need to be turned over halfway through the cooking process. Because air fryers employ hot air to cook, flipping ensures that the food is cooked uniformly and prevents overcooking or burning.
There are a few exceptions, such as this meatball recipe. But the majority of recipes fall within this halfway mark.
The best way to fry foods is in a single layer in the air fryer basket. This will help it cook evenly. It will also be crispy!
If you are cooking large amounts of food, do it in batches. This way it will be faster to cook.
Last but not least, don’t forget to preheat the air fryer! This is one of the most common mistakes people make with air fryers.
Preheating is quick, and it will save your food in the long run.
Air Fryer Time
Below is just general guidelines. You will need to check on the recipes for your cooking.
Also, when cooking seafood and meat, it doesn’t hurt to check with a meat thermometer just to be on the safe side until you get to know your air fryer’s temperatures down pat.
- Bacon 400°F 5-10 minutes
- Burgers 350°F 8-10 minutes
- Meatballs 400°F 7-10 minutes
- Steak 400°F 7-14 minutes
- Pork Chops 375°F 12-15 minutes
- Chicken Breast 375°F 22-23 minutes
- Chicken Thighs 400°F 25 minutes
- Chicken Tenders 400°F 14-16 minutes
- Chicken Wings 375°F 10-12 minutes
- Shrimp 375°F 8 minutes
- Salmon 400°F 5-7 minutes
- Cauliflower 400°F 10-12 minutes
- Zucchini 400°F 12 minutes
- Pickles 400°F 14-20 minutes
- Potato Chips 360°F 15-17 minutes
- Potato Fries 400°F 10-20 minutes
- Brussels Sprouts 350°F 15-18 minutes
- Pasta (Tortellini, Ravioli) 350°F 8 minutes
How long do you cook things in an air fryer?
This depends on the recipe, but most foods are cooked between 25-30 minutes.
What should you not put in an air fryer?
Just about anything can be cooked in an air fryer. However, you should not put liquid foods or dishes with a lot of cheese inside the basket.
What can you cook in an air fryer?
Well, anything and everything! Just about any recipe that is made in the oven or on a stovetop can be cooked with your air fryer. Also, recipes for baked goods such as cakes and cookies are great to make in an air fryer because it uses hot circulating air instead of the dry heat of the oven.
What is the best thing to fry in an air fryer?
The best thing to fry in an air fryer is definitely fries! However, don’t limit yourself to just potatoes. You can also make chicken tenders, bacon and so much more with your air fryer too.
See also: How to Cook Duck Breasts in Air Fryer?